Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting together a custom turbo kit on a D15B7.

D16A6 cam
HF mani
TE04H turbo internaly wastegated to 7psi
2.5" downpipe
FMIC
2.5" intercooler piping
Greddy blow off valve
450cc DSM injectors w/resistor box

and will be street tuned with CROME

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
dude , this is a common question, and basically you'll have the same answer.
There are mani things involved. The most important is engine tune.
Since your block is stock (no mod listed) you SHOULD aim for some 200ish hp. The turbo is capable of more... For now do not exceed.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
with a TE04H @7psi, i say 150

that snail is small, i ran one of my first turbo setup and was extremely disappointed

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was just looking a crower rods. the price for them is about the same as D16 crower rods. so i'll prolly get a set of em with vitaras.

the DSM 450's are a low impeadance injector and the resistor box is needed to match the stock honda injectors which are high impeadance

·
Premium Member
93 cx hatch
16,376 Posts
i was just looking a crower rods. the price for them is about the same as D16 crower rods. so i'll prolly get a set of em with vitaras.

the DSM 450's are a low impeadance injector and the resistor box is needed to match the stock honda injectors which are high impeadance

dude crower rods for the d15 are like 700 bucks.. you can buy 2 z6 blocks for that lol
your best bet if your going to build the motor is buy a 1.6... tuner toys rods... and vitaras

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
why would you even waste your time building your motor if you are going to run that shitty turbo?

talk about putting the cart in front of the horse...

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
why would you even waste your time building your motor if you are going to run that shitty turbo?

talk about putting the cart in front of the horse...

:bigrofl:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thats almost the same setup I have so you should get about 160hp out of it depending on who tunes it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts