Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm running a boosted B18B1 in my DC4 and I was wondering how much oil I should be putting into the engine. I know you have to put more than you usually would cause the turbo needs oils but how much exactly. Should I be at the upper hole on the dipstick or above it? Thanks and sorry about the noob question.

·
No Tune No Life!
2,045 Posts
the dip stick reading will be the same if you have no turbo or ten turbos.

turbo car oil change steps!

1 drain oil
2 remove filter
3 install new filter
4 install drain plug
5 Fill oil to top notch on dip stick
6 disable fuel injectors
7 crank car till oil light goes off or you build oil pressure crank for a few extra seconds (this gets oil to the turbo)
8 enable injectors
9 run car for about 30sec
10 check dip stick

i usually run to top notch for anything that leaks or burns oil if not about mid way is perfect.

now you must rep! lol

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
the dip stick reading will be the same if you have no turbo or ten turbos.

turbo car oil change steps!

1 drain oil
2 remove filter
3 install new filter
4 install drain plug
5 Fill oil to top notch on dip stick
6 disable fuel injectors
7 crank car till oil light goes off or you build oil pressure crank for a few extra seconds (this gets oil to the turbo)
8 enable injectors
9 run car for about 30sec
10 check dip stick

i usually run to top notch for anything that leaks or burns oil if not about mid way is perfect.

now you must rep! lol
How are you disabling your injectors?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew about the procedure for priming the system when changing my oil but thanks for posting it anyway. I guess that means I should drain some oil out cause I'm running over the dot by like half a quart, probably not a good idea from what I'm reading.

·
No Tune No Life!
2,045 Posts
I knew about the procedure for priming the system when changing my oil but thanks for posting it anyway. I guess that means I should drain some oil out cause I'm running over the dot by like half a quart, probably not a good idea from what I'm reading.
it could cause the oil to get air in it and cause a oil pressure drop or the oil pump could go into cavitation.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it could cause the oil to get air in it and cause a oil pressure drop or the oil pump could go into cavitation.
I'm getting normal oil pressure readings, 10 at idle and 50-60 on the highway. However I think I'll just drop some out of the pan anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts