Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 88 crx si right now I cracked my head dont know how but I think the person that sold it to me must of known some thing but wathever. I am going to put eagle rods and srp low compression pistons std size on a stock crank and for the head I am going to have zex 59300 zex TI valve springs and a skunk2 camgear the block is a sohc ZC and the head is going to be a d16z6 head just how much juice do you guys think I should use or how about turbo and juice how much.:eek:

·
Registered
721 Posts
well, head crackage is probably from water in the head and it froze, or something to that effect...as far as how much juice?? couldn't tell ya...I'm pretty sure you won't get there without beefin the bottom end a little more though

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think with turbo and juice I can get close to that # of course I am going to slick down gutted out interior and one seat.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
talk to 24-7 on here. His car is running 11's with juice. He could prob give you a good idea on what you'll need to get into the 10's.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
if your using just no2 then your gonna need alot. the bottom end will def have to be built up more that just rods and pistons.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
he wont need sleeves.............well, at least he shouldnt. there are plenty of 400+whp stock sleeved d's out there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was seeing 24-7 file and he is doing this #'s on stock sleves and only 150 shot of nos. 24-7 are you runing chrome pro on that setup. did you p&p your head if so how much.

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,904 Posts
u need some chuck norris gas w/a round house kick. shit you might die but you'll go back to the future marty. lol.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I was seeing 24-7 file and he is doing this #'s on stock sleves and only 150 shot of nos. 24-7 are you runing chrome pro on that setup. did you p&p your head if so how much.
It too bad I was running such small stires or I might have made 10s. I dont know what chrome pro is, sounds like some kinda of management system but my head was p&p by Chris Nelson @ Nelson Competition Engines.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts