·
Well?
10,814 Posts
which one? An a6/b7, y7, an LS head?

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts
Seach please. And more info about your engine will be helpful.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my bad, a just rebuilt bone stock D16a6, and im rebuilding a head for it, its going to have exospeeds stage 3 cam, SI valves, super tec valve springs. im going to do the porting and polishing my self, and was going to mill the head. wanting to do as much as i can, but not to much...

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Are you going to be using oversized valves? You are going to need a decent domed piston to get anywhere near needing an exospeed Stage 3. Those are large and need high compression to actually use that big of a cam. You should definitely be OK with 1mm taken off, but you are going to have to assemble and test home much clearance you have. Depending on several factors, you may need to have the valve reliefs opened up to accomodate your setup, if not for physical clearance, but for the sake of flow.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
exo sr909 cam will be plenty for what you seem like your doing.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
A stage two is fine if you whack the head a bunch. Anything over most "stage one" cams (whatever that means) should have more compression. You can easily take at least 1mm off the head without worrying about clearing valves. It's still good to double check before final assembly, though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts