Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im in the process of doing a stock rebuild on a 1.5 and the block i have has about .005 out of round. i was gonna buy a different block but ive looked at three others and all have been about the same out of round. is this kinda normal with these engines? ive rebuild a few befor but i never measured the bore just honed and re ringed and back together they were all ok. am i just being overly anal? should i use it as is? give opinions

·
Registered
189 Posts
Was the motor running before you pulled it? If yes, I'd hone it and go for it. Otherwise, see if the actual cylinder size is going to be over honda's spec for stock pistons, if it is, then hone and re-ring. Otherwise, bore it out .5mm and get bigger pistons.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
You don't need opinions, you need a fsm.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i bought it from some one to use it as is but i found it had a spun rod bearing so i got a crank and desided to rebuild it. its .001 over service limit as per honda spec. i really dont want to put that much money into a 1.5 for new slugs and boring
service limit is 2.956 im at 2.957 i have a fsm

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
.005 in what units? Inches, millimeters, meters, feet, cubits?

I will ASSume that it is in inches, if so, that is way too much if you are trying to stuff standard sized pistons back into the block.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
i have that info ryan. and there is no spec for out of round. and its only .001 past service limit. i know im on the edge of put it toghther it will be fine and well im fucked and got to bore. so thats why i wanted opinions. if i got a 75 % chance of this thing being ok then fuck it im putting it together

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If it were my block and just a stock rebuild, I would throw it together and run it without a second thought.
awsome thats the answer i was looking for from a reputable source thanks ryan. i was also planning on keeping the ring gaps on the tight side of the specs to help it seal better

1 - 10 of 10 Posts