Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 EX Civic
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to build my y8 block with zc pistons, with my y8 head. Would that be too much compression for a daily driver. Would this affect my engine cause I used this compression calculator from zealautowerks and it says my compression will be around 12.12:1 is that too much? what will be the result of this build?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Depending on the tune and quality of the fuel used it might be fine, it might not. If you have good fuel in your area and a good tune to go with it, get a Crower stage 3 and you'll have potental to make some great N/A power. Stock cam and ECU WILL lead to a blown motor quickly, even on premium gas won't save you in that case.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
With that CR you're going to need colder plugs, 93 octane, and a good tune. As long as you do that, you should be fine. I've even heard of people using 13:1 CR's on the streets but I wouldn't chance that on a DD. The most I'd recommend is 12.5:1 which is funny cause I'm going to have around 13.2ish:1 in my N/A street driven H23. :)

·
Registered
826 Posts
With that CR you're going to need colder plugs, 93 octane, and a good tune. As long as you do that, you should be fine. I've even heard of people using 13:1 CR's on the streets but I wouldn't chance that on a DD. The most I'd recommend is 12.5:1 which is funny cause I'm going to have around 13.2ish:1 in my N/A street driven H23. :)
oh the irony, it gets me every time...lol

·
Registered
96dx saloon
990 Posts
i wouldnt go over 12.5:1 for the street. you should run 93 octane. i didnt know you needed colder plugs though. my motor is 11.7:1 and i am going to run 93octane in it also. i could probably get away with 91, but i dont want to chance it.

ryan

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I run a 12.2:1 comp ratio on European RON98 fuel, which equals 93 or 94 octane in the US.
So you should be ok with 12.12 as long as you use 93/94 octane, as long as it's properly tuned and doesn't have too aggressive timing.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
you'll need custom tuning, likely limit the total timing to 26 degrees at WOT and 7000 rpm on good pump gas.

My 13.7:1 build will be a pump gas challenge.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
13.7:1, Impressive. :TU: Do you plan to just use 93 or add a little octane booster to it as well?

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
check cranking compression when the motor is together . . . Then you will know for sure, static means nothing.

If you find it is under 180psi, you can run 93 no problem. Like transzex said, set the total to 25ish or less depending on the amount of cranking compression.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
13.7:1 with one HG or 12.2:1 with two HG's on local pump gas....

This idea build is almost 2 years old, Blundar of PGMFI.org is still cussing at me!

Winter gas like now IS a issue! reason my Crome .bin isn't widely known.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts