Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about how much power should I be looking at d16z6 forged pistons n rods with stock sleeves about how much could that block handle...

·
Certified O.G.
5,605 Posts
"You better not go to sleep tonight, because as soon as you shut your eyes, i'm gonna punch you square in the face" -Brennan Huff.

·
Registered
610 Posts
76436434566whp
C'mon dude, don't ridiculous. Everyone knows stock sleeves can only handle 76436434565 whp before thermo nuclear meltdown. :3dtard:

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
it depends on how strong the legs of the tiny japanese man inside the crank case is...
sopmetimes you get a strong healthy one...sometimes you dont.

if he can pedal his ass off like lance armstrong id say youre good to above 9000 sewer rat power! just get him a gatorade every once in awhile...

·
Registered
765 Posts
C'mon now guys! The guy is obviously new to the Honda scene so he doesn't have all the information about Honda engines like we do. We should be willing to share this info with noob's so that we can help them to grow the sport!

OP....Based on the average horsepower figures I have accumulated, I would have to say that a D16 with the type of add ons you have mentioned should give you a net horsepower rating of about TREE FIDDY give or take about twenty horsepower.

Here is a dyno sheet from one our previous members Bisi built D16 motor:

[/IMG]

·
Registered
610 Posts

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
You should be at 125hp bcause ur still stock. Now I say u asked a good question because because u said hp it can handle not psi. If my memeory is right it should be around 250-260hp. It will depen on the tune. Also next timr screach...

what kinda jumble of horseshit information is this. the sewer rat post was more informative

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
^ LOL, guys...

about how much power should I be looking at d16z6 forged pistons n rods with stock sleeves about how much could that block handle...
With aftermarket pistons and rods, in stock sleeves, your looking at a safe limit of 350-400whp.

400whp is about the known breaking point of the sleeves. Some have seen more, some have seen less.

But that's the gamble you take with boost.

It's like 20% mechanical / 80% tune for reliability.

And 100% how you drive it. Take care of her, she'll take care of you.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Haha ok thanks sp about how much psi could I go...
Get the idea of "how much PSI" out of your head, it's all about how much WHP it makes.

20psi on a small T25 is far different than 20psi on a GT45R.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.