Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey for the guys with the super beastly cars, how much horsepower did you have when you started getting traction problems??

Reactions: Haysoos

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
I've had traction problems since I had the charger on the car with 8 psi and 156 whp. I'm up to 195 whp now, 1st is useless, 2nd still spins pretty good and third will chirp. I'm building the bottom end now and more than likely going with a lsd to help out if I have the money.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
41,006 Posts
depends on the tire/tranny/driver/event

My D15B7 = I have traction issues on street tires.

Goto dragstrip, slap on some 20x8x14 slicks and I was good to 200 whp with controlled wheelspin, 85 shot of nitrous and 7800 rpm launch.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ive got a 95 Civic DX w/ D16Z6.. im not turbo'd YET... im just trying to plan for the future

NO LSD and low profile tires

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
basically, heres how its gonna boil down........

when you boost it, your gonna have traction probelms in at least first and most of second.....the only way around it is to run slicks all the time which is just not practical.

ways to help with your traction problems and also to help to keep stuff from breaking, is to buy both an LSD and a nice set of traction bars.

I bought an obx lsd because i really didnt feel like exlploding the diff in my tranny. i bought traction bars tonight actually, but i bought them because they stop wheel hop which will break shit faster than you can snap your fingers.

You can get by without both traction bars and lsd, but thats just it, you will be just "getting by" thats not good enough for me so i did something about it.

the tires your running will matter alot too. it doesnt really matter if they are low pro or not, it matters how good the quality and how soft/sticky the tread itself is.

But you WILL have traction problems, but i listed ways to help with them, and they will also help keep your car running stronger for longer.

good luck

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
It's easy for me to roast em in first with a stock D16Z6, so i'm not surprised at anything in this thread. Probably just cause our cars are light as hell.

But I do think I'll be getting an LSD before turbo after reading this thread.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Vtecduck, where did you get that cartoon picture of your car?

·
Registered
9 Posts
No LSD in my tranny (need it badly). On 300 whp I spin 1st, 2nd, and half of 3rd, but then it hooks and I explode.

Next tune session, I will be changing my boost controller for different boost levels through gears. 0psi in 1st, 8 psi in 2nd, full 16psi in 3rd and up. This should help with the hole shot and 60' times.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.