Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, need to buy a new, as in brand new D16Y7 block, no internals, I already have the internals (3000 miles on them after rebuilding). How much should I pay for it?

Ran into little trouble with new engine registration in government (Puerto Rico) and I have to buy new block instead of used, as I have it now!

Any help appreciated...

Also, do you know any web site that sells Honda engines (or blocks), tried googling but no luck!

Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
short story, law prohibits buying an engine from a car that hasn't been recorded as junk. So I learned that too late, so now I have to buy directly from an auto parts or a junker, not from a friend.

Now I have an "ilegal" part on my car, so I can't use it on street, unless I solve that issue, being, getting a new block or a block from a Junker, and off course, registering the new VIN number on Transportation Authority.

That's my small problem

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
over in the US, a y7 almost bare block (comes with the assembly that holds the crank, but no crank) is about $1,400 new from Honda.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
you said you can get one from a junkyard right?so get one from there.. its so not going to be worth it to buy a brand new one.. if the motor turns to be shit, just use it for the inspection and throw your friends one back in..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts