Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much more hp does vtec add with JRSC? Which one better, y7 or y8 engine with JRSC? What about mini swap y8 head to y7 bottom with JRSC? Which is the best set up?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Vtec has nothing to do with how much power a JRSC will put out. Out of those 3 choices I would go with the Y8 because it's better than the Y7 and the mini me's compression would be too high. I would never supercharge a honda though.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bbka: ..c'mon now.

The compression will only be in the low 10s. Which is stock B16 territory. It's not too high at all.

As for supercharging.. my buddy Chuong runs a 13.5 @ ~89 with Hondata, JRSC, ZEX Stage 2 Cam, some other little goodies, but stock internaled (minus the cam) Y7/Y8.

It's a very nice setup. I've spent all my days trying to catch him, and haven't been able to do it.

..now, as for how much of that is VTEC? ..probably not a lot, but the extra compression gained by the mini, plus the longer duration on your intake stroke will definately help when trying to force air into the chambers will th JRSC. I just don't know exactly how much horse would be generated by it.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn you EF9! ::shakes fist::

I thought the compression was in the high 10's on a mini me? Low 10's is still kinda high though if you don't have proper fuel management and tuning. I was just assuming he was going to slap a JRSC kit on there and use an FMU for fuel management. I think your assuming he already has good fuel management and the car is going to be tuned really well.

I still wouldn't supercharge a honda though because, well it's a 4 cylinder grocery getting honda. I mean you cant really upgrade a supercharger that easy can you? Maybe throw another belt on on to run more boost? You could also do a turbo kit for much cheaper and it would be easily upgradable. I guess if your stuck on getting a supercharger it can work out pretty well just likes your friends car did. :wink:

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahah.. that could be (with the tuning). I sometimes forget that the masses still use crappy fuel management. But, that's why we're here, eh? To educate the masses! :D

I think he picked up the supercharger like dirty cheap. He's like me, dude. He's not a "kit" guy. He just got a good deal on it. It's amazing. It doesn't "feel" fast, but it's done w/ the 1/4m before you realize.

As for upgrades, ya, pretty much just upgrade the pulley for more boost. A JRSC isn't worth anything after 9psi, though. Just a big heat blower.

...side note, I think he ran that on a 6psi pulley or something. Crazy low end launches. Like 2 flat 60', maybe 2.1 I don't really rmember, but it was maddening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts