Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
civic hatch
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much does a stock flywheel weigh? im thinking of getting a lighten flywheel i found one 9pounds and one that is 7 pounds but its $45 more is it worth the $45 to get the 7 pound one ? is it even worth getting at all ? will i feel the difference ?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,433 Posts
ok, my other post did show up??????

stocker is 18 lbs

with D15, I'd stay at 12-12.5 lbs if you can for street, 16-18 lbs for drag racing!

F

·
0 Posts
not to jack your thread but give me a link of the one you done wanna buy because i need a 90-91 flywheel preferably lightened.

C

·
0 Posts
fast1.6 said:
not to jack your thread but give me a link of the one you done wanna buy because i need a 90-91 flywheel preferably lightened.
:hijacked: j/k,but thats a good question,I also want to know what flywheel to use for the z6 s20 tranny?

·
Banned
89 Crx
844 Posts
Soulfly said:
lightend flywheel will just let you rev up a quicker.. and when driving.. It'd show that diffrence! :p

But.. try not to stall all the time!

Yeah, ive got an 8lb fly and act stage 3 clutch in my car, its sweet. I didnt notice any difficultys with stalling tho.

·
Registered
150 Posts
the stock d15b8 CX flywheel weighs less 4-5# less than the others. its a cheap alternative to buying aftermarket, and safer than machining one down, although i havent had any issues with my lightened cx wheel.

C

·
0 Posts
are you sure the cx weighs less? can anyone else confirm this.

because if it's true, then that'd be a sweet alternative to buying aftermarket or lightening a stock flywheel.

taking off weight on the flywheel will let you rev up faster, but drop your inertia since you have less mass, meaning it's not good on your shifts.

too much weight off the flywheel might actually harm your 1/4 mile times.

·
Registered
ej1
533 Posts
lightining the stack one is an option but is there any risk involved in takeing some pounds off. it wont weekin it in anyway will it?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,433 Posts
I can confirm the CX flywheel weighs 17.5 lbs, 27.5 lbs with pressure plate and clutch disc.

I just weighed one from my 160k mile D15B8 motor I'm building.

·
Registered
150 Posts
not to sound like a smartass, but i know for a fact that my cx wheel was lighter than the y8 wheel. i didnt weigh them, because i didnt have a scale then, but you could feel and see the difference. the cx wheel had less material on the crank side and was almost 1/4" thinner. perhaps it depends on which year they were from, or where the engine was built. (mine was made in canada) heres a link to some one who did weigh it:
CX wheel = lighter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts