Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
an ej8 coupe
553 Posts
a couple thousands of an inch. it also depends on the piston to wall clearance and how much the cylinder is worn.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Not very much at all since they usually only hit one side of the cylinder or another, depending on which part of the combustion cycle they are going through. Also, with good pistons there shouldn't be much rock due to the skirt keeping the pistons in place

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I measured my pistons moved 2 ten thousandths of an inch @ 10k rpms. Measurement was done with a ruler.

·
Registered
359 Posts
lmao!! these guys are crazy lol
but why would u wana kno? im sure there is a "perfect situation" formula where u would have to factor in the expansion of the pistons and cyl temp and all that tech. bs *RABLE**RABLE**RABLE**RABLE**RABLE**RABLE**RABLE**RABLE* ...i dont think it is relevant unless ur building a f1 engine.

·
Premium Member
96,97,00 civic
2,149 Posts
but why would u wana kno? im sure there is a "perfect situation" formula where u would have to factor in the expansion of the pistons and cyl temp and all that tech. bs *RABLE**RABLE**RABLE**RABLE**RABLE**RABLE**RABLE**RABLE* ...i dont think it is relevant unless ur building a f1 engine.
It's always relevant. Ever ride in a 5.3 1500?

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Honestly, I don't know why I want to know. Part of why I ask is because of the size of valve reliefs in Pistons...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts