Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much difference would you notice between a stg 1 57 trim and a stg 3 57 trim if they were both used on the exact same setup?

just out of curiousity......i didnt know the difference and on blaastperformance.com, they have the same power rating but thte stg 3 cost more.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would ask them and see what they have to say
i did.......i dont know why i brought this up now ( i bought my turbo over 6 months ago)....i was just thinking about it and i was curious about it.

i bought the 54 trim stage 1, instead of the stage 3 because the guy at blaastperformance.com said there was no difference. He said the stage 1 will "theoretically" spool faster, but probably not noticably faster.

i just thought i would ask to see what everyone thought about it here on d-series

i guess it didnt really make sense to me as to why there was almost $175 price difference if there wasnt a performanve difference.

·
Registered
225 Posts
i did.......i dont know why i brought this up now ( i bought my turbo over 6 months ago)....i was just thinking about it and i was curious about it.

i bought the 54 trim stage 1, instead of the stage 3 because the guy at blaastperformance.com said there was no difference. He said the stage 1 will "theoretically" spool faster, but probably not noticably faster.

i just thought i would ask to see what everyone thought about it here on d-series

i guess it didnt really make sense to me as to why there was almost $175 price difference if there wasnt a performanve difference.
you made the right choice IMO

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
if there was a difference i would say it would have to be the guts of the turbo and maybee the impellers or something, like the pitch and durability of the whole unit

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im hoping that a stage 1 54 trim will get me 300whp on pump gas.

its a .70 compressor and .63 exhaust

·
Registered
225 Posts
if there was a difference i would say it would have to be the guts of the turbo and maybee the impellers or something, like the pitch and durability of the whole unit
normally when ungrading the CHRA is to add further support and protect the rotating shaft and to provide resistance to thrust loading, Common CHRA replacements use ball bearing to improve spool times as well as reliability/durability. Im sure the turbo will outlast the motor though

·
Premium Member
5,910 Posts
im hoping that a stage 1 54 trim will get me 300whp on pump gas.

its a .70 compressor and .63 exhaust
Uhh yeah that will get you well over 300 no prob. It will be laggy though so be prepared. As for the stage you wont notice crap. It might shave you .3 off your 1/4 time but again, you won't know the difference. The stage 3 should flow more up top as well.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Uhh yeah that will get you well over 300 no prob. It will be laggy though so be prepared. As for the stage you wont notice crap. It might shave you .3 off your 1/4 time but again, you won't know the difference. The stage 3 should flow more up top as well.
i see that you broke 12's bizzar. how much did your car weigh when you did that. I have a coupe with ex tranny and im shooting for 300whp. im hoping for a 12.9 on drap radials or slicks but ive been told by several of my friends who are camaro owners not to count on it.

i guess we'll see...i think the lag will kill me though

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
i see that you broke 12's bizzar. how much did your car weigh when you did that. I have a coupe with ex tranny and im shooting for 300whp. im hoping for a 12.9 on drap radials or slicks but ive been told by several of my friends who are camaro owners not to count on it.

i guess we'll see...i think the lag will kill me though
with 300 that should be more than enough to break into 12's.. I have a frien with 326whp on a 98 Civic Coupe and a Y7 motor setup ..he weights 260lbs his race weight is on the 2500-2600lbs and he runs on slicks 11.7 @ 118mph

My car with just 266whp and race weight of 2600lbs ran 12.4 in the 1/4 mile on slicks

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
with 300 that should be more than enough to break into 12's.. I have a frien with 326whp on a 98 Civic Coupe and a Y7 motor setup ..he weights 260lbs his race weight is on the 2500-2600lbs and he runs on slicks 11.7 @ 118mph

My car with just 266whp and race weight of 2600lbs ran 12.4 in the 1/4 mile on slicks
thats good to hear :TU:

thanks for the info!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts