Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
last time i "sat down" and purchased a "set" of tools i spent more then my 99 EJ6 is worth on a good day, all snap-on. i would not do that again, since 99.9% of them where stolen/lost/broken/sold for far less then purchased/"lent out".

crapsmen ftw, imho.

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
i got a mix of snap-on matco and mac.. some cornwell too.. and craftsman..

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
i use mostly craftsman tools. been paying them off for years. lol

you can never have too many tools. i have some huskey shit too...

i'm about to buy a 26 gallon craftsmen air compressor. it never ends...

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
my main tool box is a mix of snap on, mac, craftsman, and kobalt. i could never guess how much i have invested as it was all purchased over a 13+ year period, lets just say i have just about every thing required to do just about any job :) if i had to guess i would say box and tools are worth 20 grand.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
My Dad gave me my first set of tools back before I even had some thing to work on. Started with Stanley, then Husky, then Craftsmen. If you've got a Sears in town, it's a safe bet on Craftsmen. You can even find "some" stuff at K-Mart too...

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
I started out with a craftsmen set and slowly ungraded everything and then some to all snap on. over the course of the past eight years i buy about 2g's of tool's a year from snappy. I have at least 10grand in my box and the tools in it. next year i have to upgrade my box. the one im looking at goes for about 5k.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
craftsmen, huskey, senco air compresor (father is now a BIG cheese there), and performance shop tools...lost count of money spent, it adds up quick though (20 bucks here, 100 there, 50 wherever, etc...)

if you buy tools, just remember to get those that are made in the USA and have a lifetime warrenty...

·
It's that time again
MAIN ONE IZ A CIVCSI
5,369 Posts
yup. he got some of those ones i gave away. about 2 grand worth. now ask him where it all went to. :(
well i only got about 5-6 pieces but i got 2 left a 10mm short scocket and a 17mm short socket both 3/8

someone got me for a sweet ass flex head wratchet he gave me. :(

edit: the 3" ext. and 14mm socket dissapeared around the same time!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts