Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i got the motor back from the machine shop and got the car and am still working on making it 1700-1800lbs. anyways im getting ready to put the motor in. i was wondering on how much i could run without cracking a sleeve or somthing in that manner.
i have scat rods, 8.5:1 pistons .40 over, all the fuel i need, fmic, 15g turbo, arp headstuds, cometic head gasket, crower stage 2 turbo cam, and the head is P&P. this is not my daily drive so i can push it a little more.

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
At least 8 no more than 15-16....But i dont think the 15g will do higher boost efficently...YOu might have to upgrade the turbo..
by the time its done spooling up youll be half way done with rpm and all you will have is a hair dryer..

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rotory20 said:
At least 8 no more than 15-16....But i dont think the 15g will do higher boost efficently...YOu might have to upgrade the turbo..
by the time its done spooling up youll be half way done with rpm and all you will have is a hair dryer..
:werd:

15g is a little small for a built D. That CR is low enough and with the pistons and rods, 12-14 as a weekend car would be good.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much is this motor bored over? .40 can't be correct. I would not boost the motor if it's more than .020 over, which would also be 75.5mm (stock bore being 75mm). I would probably go around 300-350whp on the stock sleeves without worrying too much. Getting closer to 400+ whp I would want to sleeve the block just to be safe. With good tuning I'm sure the stock sleeve could handle a lot of power though. Your turbo isn't good to close that amount of power, so I wouldn't worry.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its proboly .040 over then. so 14-16 and ill be ok

o ya if i crack a sleeve what all will i have to replace besides getting a new block

·
Registered
378 Posts
Sprayin95Hatch said:
its proboly .040 over then. so 14-16 and ill be ok

o ya if i crack a sleeve what all will i have to replace besides getting a new block
lol, depends on how bad it is. You could end up buying a new piston and a new rod, along with a new block/sleeves.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hopfully its just a piston and a block as i have extras of those

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
just tune really well, and you shouldn't have to worry about it. people underestimate the strength of the d-series sleeve.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya i was hoping with my setup on a good tune to run 14-16 most of the time then on majors race's 18

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks i learned a couple of things from those

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sonny7730 said:
just tune really well, and you shouldn't have to worry about it. people underestimate the strength of the d-series sleeve.
:werd:

Its the rods that will go first.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya just about every person ive ever heard destroy a d series was because of the rods

1 - 13 of 13 Posts