Registered
406 Posts
So I have 98 d16y8 and wanted to know how much boost can I run
on a dyno tuned aem ems I hear 8 psi on untuned
I don't have this set up yet but that's what I'm going with
I'm going to run it on 8psi on low rpm to get I tuned so safely what can I run
And I heard u can't run vtech
plz help
I'm going to jump in before you get flamed.

This question has been asked, roughly 4683464643 times before on this forum alone, let alone the vast Internets.

That said, the answer is "depends". First - it depends on the size of your turbo; a small turbo will produce less power at higher PSI than a huge turbo on lower PSI etc.

Your tune is the most important aspect of any build - this is really the key to reliability.

Also, I don't understand about Vtec - you most definitely can use a Vtec head with a turbo build?

My advice to you would be to read the stickies in this forum, a great place to get started.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Take the wastegate spring out before you are tuned to make sure you don't go into boost. As beav said, the stock map sensor has an upper limit of just under 11psi.

Read the turbo FAQ, it'll explain why pressure (psi) is not a good metric to use (in this case).

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Boost is irrelevant , the question should be how much power can I make. 8 psi on a t3/t4 is a lot different then 8psi on a 67mm turbo. The other question should be, this is my setup ( blank , blank, blank )...... at what point will my motor and turbo stop being efficient and stop making power.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Here I already gave my input once today I just copied it for you.

How can you acuratley gauge the amount of psi you will be running in your car with out knowing exact deminsions of the Throttle body Intake mainfold Cold side output size of the turbo. If i was to say 8 psi is safe it may or may not be 8psi on 1 square inch is alot different the 8 psi on 1 square foot there is just way to much envolved to determine a safe psi for a stock engine. Honestly the safest psi for a stock engine is to leave it stock. The ecu and fuel mapping need to be adjusted for whatever setup you run. So in all there is no way for anyone to tell you a safe psi to run at with out knowing every variable about your car and the enviroment you drive it in. Also you might try a search I know since I joined this question has been asked more than once. I hope I helped a little.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
So I have 98 d16y8 and wanted to know how much boost can I run
on a dyno tuned aem ems I hear 8 psi on untuned
I don't have this set up yet but that's what I'm going with
I'm going to run it on 8psi on low rpm to get I tuned so safely what can I run
And I heard u can't run vtech
plz help
Damn i thought summer was over. Arent we in fall?? Or maybe its fail....

Untune 0psi
psi doesnt break motors tq does
its vtec no vtech unless your talking about your house phone.
AEM EMS cost to much and you still wont pass emission. Obd1 swap or aem fic.

And last but not less search. This has been cover just a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
976 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Idk man the gallo 24 has got its pros

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Yeah it's got a lot on the top. But the forged internals get over baked. Remember bigger isn't always better.:turned:

·
Registered
861 Posts
i wonder why all these people who dont have boosted cars ask how hard they can run their imaginary boosted cars, but not how to actually build said boosted car.

what speed should i be going when i shift into 7th on my new 911? i dont actually have one, im just wondering

·
Registered
976 Posts
Yeah it's got a lot on the top. But the forged internals get over baked. Remember bigger isn't always better.:turned:
Yeah but the 24 will last longer than the 12 so if you want it to last longer i say gallo 24 it will last twice as long I promise

:screwy:

·
Registered
662 Posts
And if your on a budget the gallo 12 is cheaper and is still plenty. Best bang for the buck.

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
And if your on a budget the gallo 12 is cheaper and is still plenty. Best bang for the buck.
Ahhhh no it is not gallo 32 is always the better deal, for race wars. :screwy:

·
Registered
26 Posts
honestly, just set an hp goal and find yourself a set up that will work, trying to measure psi is kind of pointless imo, i figure if your thinking of going boost, go big, again just my opinion

1 - 20 of 24 Posts