Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody this is my first thread, i am kind of a nood to the turbo game so im asking for help and any info will be appreciated. I am currently piecing together my turbo kit i have my garrett turbo, injectors, fuel pump, intercooler and piping, bov, oil feed and return lines, exhuast manifold, and all the guages if theres anything missing, or you thing i should get to make the car more reliable let me know. i am planning on running 7 psi at the most on my y8 but ive seen that aem makes a methanol/ water injection kit, that lowers intake temps and detonation temps, so my stock pistons wouldnt melt as easily, at least i think, i was wondering with a good tune would i possibly be able to run this kit and add a few lbs of boost without having to worry about my engine exploding?

·
Registered
379 Posts
yea dude u gona do a lil research urself as i am a nub like u. from wut iv read u can run like ~7-10psi on stock internals and the tune is essential

·
Registered
85 Posts
Haha dude.... Read some stickies and sift through the posts. So much knowledge to be found! Welcome though. I'll set you in the right direction, set a horsepower goal don't think in terms of psi. Your stock block will be ok for around 200whp with a good tune. I believe your exact question was answered on the same page as your thread is being displayed on lol

·
D-series SoCal Division
659 Posts
Dude do some research. psi? For example running 7 psi on a 13g compared to 7 psi on a super 60, you'll have totally different resaults.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
thanks haha i did some searching im just not good at looking i guess, and i relieze it depends on the turbo its a gt2052 50 trim, i plan on reaching 200 with a good tune didnt know if that was achievable on stock internals just wanted to know if this kit even did anything, guess ill start searching some more

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.