Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv been lookin in2 buyin a turbo kit for my 99 civic coupe ils, found a kit in horsepowerfreaks.com thats done by turbonetics and says its specially for the d16y7 engine, tink it has max boost of 8psi nd would make my car go from 106bhp to 200bhp.. just wondering would the single overhead cam be able 2 take that pressure???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how would i do that? would i buy a new ecu or something?? sorry if i sound stupid... only new to this

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
iv been lookin in2 buyin a turbo kit for my 99 civic coupe ils, found a kit in horsepowerfreaks.com thats done by turbonetics and says its specially for the d16y7 engine, tink it has max boost of 8psi nd would make my car go from 106bhp to 200bhp.. just wondering would the single overhead cam be able 2 take that pressure???
You know, it's not the n00bish questions that bother me. It's the way this kid writes that makes me not want to help him. It makes no sense to me to try to look cool on order to mask a lack of knowledge.

·
Registered
595 Posts
A stock Y7 can handle thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much boost.
Or maybe it was thiiiiiiis much.
I can't remember now :(

Greg (Autoworks) is a knowledgeble chap.
I know where I'll be getting my kit from.
Now excuse me while I go do some more 200hour working months :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts