1,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a jdm d15b non vtec stock guts running a junk yard turbo
hf manifold,1gen talon turbo i keep hearing diffrent numbers
on how many psi i can run safly thanks

·
Formally known as SPONSOREDCRX
3,566 Posts
u could prolly run 7 or 8 but to be safe id say bout 5psi. the turbo is a to5h or something like that right?

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
Hellhatch said:
^^^ :TU:, i'm running 8 psi on a stock z6 daily driver

K

·
0 Posts
hey if u change the map sensor on it....u can easily run 15-18 psi because my freinds laser on the stock wastegate is running 18...but u better upgrade ur internals first i know ebay sells low compression pistons for 2 bills with shipping .....late

·
Registered
Del sol
1,453 Posts
i agree that the map sensor only gose to like 11 psi or something, but 15psi from a TINY laser turbo isnt the same as 15psi from a T04E turbo or an SC-61
its in the CFM's really, compressor maps are there for a reason....
those nippon racing pistons,? same as vitara's IMO

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
bigfoot said:
d16z6 on a perrty good tune:TU:
on a good tune with methanol/water i would run that bitch ragged at 20 psi. daily i would run it up to 12~14psi.
dont be scared to run higher boost levels with a good tune. that's where the power is:beer:

·
Registered
112 Posts
its not how much psi you can run, its how much power that engine can handle. 7 psi from different turbos will make differene amounts of power so you cant look at it psi wise, but power wise.

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
civic_man said:
its not how much psi you can run, its how much power that engine can handle. 7 psi from different turbos will make differene amounts of power so you cant look at it psi wise, but power wise.
if you re-read what the original poster stated, he did mention what turbo he was planning on. a 14b aint that big at all.
there is a lot of info from people using these that they are more like a hair dryer past 14psi.
with a good tune and around 12psi i think he would be more than ok and happy for that matter:beer:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
NastyHabitzCRX said:
if you re-read what the original poster stated, he did mention what turbo he was planning on. a 14b aint that big at all.
there is a lot of info from people using these that they are more like a hair dryer past 14psi.
with a good tune and around 12psi i think he would be more than ok and happy for that matter:beer:
x2

·
Registered
183 Posts
k20turbotyper said:
hey if u change the map sensor on it....u can easily run 15-18 psi because my freinds laser on the stock wastegate is running 18...but u better upgrade ur internals first i know ebay sells low compression pistons for 2 bills with shipping .....late
half those pistons are cast, not forged...bad juju

1 - 20 of 20 Posts