Honda D Series Forum banner

how much psi you running

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so i have a stock d16y8 and was wondering what everyone else is running BOOST wise on there stock internal engines..also how long have you been running it this way, what turbo, and what engine

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im currently on 8psi with a 50 trim but ive only been like this for about a month now.. i fill like i need a little more and it would be great..i would prefer a 10psi spring but i have a 11.5 laying around that i might have to try

·
Registered
95 ej1
90 Posts
psi is irrelevant.. it all depends on your setup

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
psi is irrelevant.. it all depends on your setup
which is why i asked post what turbo your running, being as im asking for stock engines which usually handle about the same power before letting go

·
Registered
92 EG, 88 ST165 WRC
410 Posts
The general cocensus (consensus?) is what, 7 or 8psi on stock internals? It's in a few turbo or building threads/FAQ area... but it's not double digits.

Higher than that, and be prepared for a "boom" when you find out just how much stock guts can take... the hard way.

·
Registered
95 ej1
90 Posts
those s2000 never cease to amaze me,
go to engine type and click d series and all sorts of setups will come up from stock turbo to fully built track cars. i love seeing the power curves :3dbiggrin:

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
check these, pretty impressive
Epic Tuning EF hatch, Bone Stock D16z6, 375whp/255tq, retune | Evans Tuning Dyno Database
Epic Tuning EF hatch, Bone stock D16z6, 308whp/262tq | Evans Tuning Dyno Database
Del Sol, custom kit, 245whp/220tq | Evans Tuning Dyno Database

The general cocensus (consensus?) is what, 7 or 8psi on stock internals? It's in a few turbo or building threads/FAQ area... but it's not double digits.

Higher than that, and be prepared for a "boom" when you find out just how much stock guts can take... the hard way.

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
those s2000 never cease to amaze me,
That's like the S2K from hell, 700 on stock block O_O...I was there the night it became a ping pong ball on a bridge at 120+mph.

I plan on running around 7psi once mine's up and going, or whatever stock 14B wastegate spring is lol.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i get what your saying, but i did not make this post to ask what i could run or how much hp i would have at a certain psi..it was just a basic question of how much psi is everyone running.. period, no reference to anything else.. guess i cant start a random thread for some chatter

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's like the S2K from hell, 700 on stock block O_O...I was there the night it became a ping pong ball on a bridge at 120+mph.

I plan on running around 7psi once mine's up and going, or whatever stock 14B wastegate spring is lol.
Heard about that I believe he was racing a busa???

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
a local guy here had a 700hp s2000 that was pretty rowdy, but he wasnt smart enough to by a cheap beater to dd and was coming aroundn a turn on out highway sytem that was holding water and his very wide radials send him tail end into the wall.. sad story but when i have a car that my wheels can buy a nice car i think ill have another car for the rain

edit found a vid of it..

1 - 20 of 88 Posts