Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
My civic
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just curious as to other people's numbers and luck with the vitara/eagle setup.

My setup:
-y7 block .20 over with YCP 75.5 Vitaras with Hasting rings
-eagle h beams
-arp bolts and head studs
-endyn ported and shimmed pump
-acl rod and main bearings
-felpro oil pan gasket and head gasket (fj one failed within 1k miles)
-rebuilt y8 head

Problems so far:
-Head gasket from FJ was pouring coolant without any boost or anything, replaced with a felpro

I'm not running any boost yet because i'm still saving, just curious as to how your guys Vitara builds are holding up.

I have 10,000 miles on mine as of today without any problems except for that headgasket. No smoke, no oil consumption.

I use Mobil 1 10w30 extended performance oil.

·
Registered
my Skateboard
1,945 Posts
I think I'm at about 7 or 8 thousand miles... the only problem is I "think" my turbo is eatin some of my oil... haven't had the opportunity to really check into it

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
24,000 and counting... not much more till spring tho... storage awaits :)

Btw: Justin we use the same oil..... its awesome stuff! I also match it with a Mobil-1 filter.... always have.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
mines gettin up to around 8k now. been traveling alot. just made a 7 hour trip out to indiana and cinci ohio and back to iowa last week. old girl is still running great!

also had a problem with a headgasket at first also.
and felpro is def the way to go.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
sorry im not trying to thread jack but im about to be putting my vitara setup together and dont feel like having to replace my headgasket within 1k miles, so headgaskets from fj are garbage?
ive never had one. but no matter what gasket ive had but on new motors with me anyways it seems i have to replace the head gasket after about 1k on my boosted motors. idk why but its been like that everytime. i do the same thing everytime.
but if your not gettin a OEM honda one. i recomend a felpro personaly

·
Registered
My civic
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I use a mobil 1 filter too, yes. I drive about 500 miles a week and she starts first crank!

No I would not use the FJ headgasket, it is garbage, Not to diss FJ because he sold me my bearings and they were here in 3 days and exactly what I wanted!

I have pictures of my bottom end after 8k miles and me putting a new oil pan gasket on, it's AMAZINGLY clean!

Whenever we put the headgasket on those pistons were so loose inside the cylinder I got nervous but I guess thats normal. I mean it doesnt smoke or anything though, I also have alot of gritty metal on the magnetic drain plug but everything seems to be awesome. 24k miles is alot man! lol

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
ive got to have at or over 20k miles on mine. not a single problem yet. no blow by,no smoke, nothing. was my DD for about a year. boost from day 1.

·
Registered
My civic
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lets keep this thread going!

·
Registered
My civic
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
btw, i'm using a a6/z6 crank in mine, the y8 crank is crap I hear

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Problems so far:
-Head gasket from FJ was pouring coolant without any boost or anything, replaced with a felpro
wow, im reading this more and more as the days go by.

i hope FJ picks up on this and changes his HG supplier.

·
Registered
My civic
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow, im reading this more and more as the days go by.

i hope FJ picks up on this and changes his HG supplier.
Yep! There was a feud between the guy who built my motor (jarvis) and people on a previous thread about the headgasket. he told me plainly it would not seal before I put it on there and he came on here and got flamed to death, now I guess he was right lol

Also the oil pan gasket I received with the gasket kit was wrong and had to reuse my old one causing me to have to replace it later which is why this evening i'm going to put up pics of the engine after 10k miles

·
Registered
My civic
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
My civic
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My block after 10k miles

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
just to show how reliable vitara setups are. just went to va tech last night,116miles and back this morning, NO PROBS!!! except blew my clutch apart 8miles from house!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts