Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
^
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious.

I know many people here have Vitara builds and was wondering how many miles you have on it.

I currently have 13k. Creeping to 14k.

I though this would be a good thread to make :bigok:

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
You baby your vitara build you dont go past 65 on the freeway of course yours is gonna last. It will probably last 100k miles the way you drive

·
Registered
^
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You baby your vitara build you dont go past 65 on the freeway of course yours is gonna last. It will probably last 100k miles the way you drive
I'm hoping so! LOL!

I'm hoping to one day getting close to 200k on my build; then cracking it upen to see what it looks like lol.

I was just curious cause I think the highest milage I've seen on the board was 11k (That was a few months back).

Since I DD my car I rack on milage. 120miles a day just in my commute to/from work.

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
im going to seem REALLY dumb saying this, but how long are they supposed to last? i figured they would last longer than stock... if not, i might think twice about putting mine in :( my cars also a DD
Depends on how you beat on it and how its built. DD weekend warrior could last for years with the right maintenance and tune.

·
Registered
^
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depends on how you beat on it and how its built. DD weekend warrior could last for years with the right maintenance and tune.
This.

Come on peoples! Come out of your shells! :greddy:

·
Registered
2007 Dodge ram
293 Posts
Ummm... 712 miles so far... Going into boost within the next two weeks... Thats 712 miles N/A... Nice break-in miles... Of coarse I beat the hell out of it the first 125 miles then just eased off and drove it around for the remaining mileage...

Will be putting pics up of my build with A/C setup... Pieced together a cheap little A/C kit... Moslty ebay stuff but, I did my research on the parts first....

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
this will help you.... im at about 18k on mine.... it doesnt see much a year now thats its stored year round.... so It will maybe see 3k a year.... still runs great!

·
Registered
94' DX 2-Dr
94 Posts
Ummm... 712 miles so far... Going into boost within the next two weeks... Thats 712 miles N/A... Nice break-in miles... Of coarse I beat the hell out of it the first 125 miles then just eased off and drove it around for the remaining mileage...

Will be putting pics up of my build with A/C setup... Pieced together a cheap little A/C kit... Moslty ebay stuff but, I did my research on the parts first....
Interested about the A/C set-up, keep us posted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have about 4k on mine. im on my second turbo, and about to do my third oil change. lets just say, built beat and broken is how i treat the motor.

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
this is almost disappointing, i was hoping to see around 200k out of a vitara build, im not exactly gonna beat on it but some fun once in a while.
It should last with a good tune, right monitoring devices and maintenance.

Personally im too lazy...N/A B18c1 for me

·
Registered
^
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't know how many miles I'll get with mine.

No one has posted their miles yet. So I figured I'd start lol.

Myblkvtec has 18k on his. With driving every now-and-again.

I've got 14k on mine driving 120miles/day commuting to/from work.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I built one for a buddy years ago with the arrows pointing to the t-belt, last I saw it was 50k+ hard miles at 467hp pump 93 xenocron tuned.
This is awesome! I hope we can all be so lucky... I think this thread could be very interesting.

In response to some of the people who are worried... If you drive it right and perform routine maintenance I don't see why these pistons should last any less time than your stock counterparts. Maybe I'm not seeing something right? I'm referring to a DD rebuild.

A performance, high hp engine on the other hand... whole different story.

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
I don't know how many miles I'll get with mine.

No one has posted their miles yet. So I figured I'd start lol.

Myblkvtec has 18k on his. With driving every now-and-again.

I've got 14k on mine driving 120miles/day commuting to/from work.
Well I would venture a guess that 15k of those miles were easy freeway driven miles and the rest city/track driving....

·
Registered
my Skateboard
1,945 Posts
I'm not exactly sure how many miles I have on mine but I think its safe to say its somewhere +-30k miles. right now its DD drivin close to 40 miles per day.

·
Registered
93 coupe
36 Posts
I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-20k on mine, not turbo yet. My speedometer don't always work...

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
24k on mine
about to upgrade everything but the block and up the whp to hoping 450 or so without rebuilding the bottom end. its real strong.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Great thread Idea!

I don't jave vitaras, or boost for that matter, but it's something i might look into in the future. First I'll do a stock Z6 rebuild and see how that goes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts