Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its a legit question and I'm in great debate on how much boost to to run when its all put together. A little about the build, 95 Coupe y8 bottom with eagle rods and JE pistons bored to 76mm. Z6 head p&p with Comp 59300 and comp springs and retainers. I'm running Edelbrock IM with BBK throttle body and 660cc injectors and going to be running a Precision 6262 .82 AR on a cast log manifold. My personal goal is 300whp and i have been told that is easily attainable. I am going to run low boost at the wastegate of 6 lbs and thinking maybe hi boost at 25ish? The real question is, what would you run boost wise if it were yours and what would be a realistic horsepower goal? Going to be mostly a DD with maybe a weekend at the track in the spring and summer months. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Its built properly, I know cause i helped. Won't touch the Rex though

·
Registered
347 Posts
Im not sure about 25psi on 660 injectors, maybe tune it to 15psi... or buy some new injectors if you are dead set on 25psi... but at that amount i think you are going to overshoot your 300whp goal.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im not sure about 25psi on 660 injectors, maybe tune it to 15psi... or buy some new injectors if you are dead set on 25psi... but at that amount i think you are going to overshoot your 300whp goal.
Thats the type of info i am looking for. Not sure what the 660's would be good to. And i agree on trusting the tuner.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
So you have a 600+ hp turbo for a 300hp build.....You do realize that the powerband will be a bit lazy for a DD right. And dont get so hung up on psi.Your injectors will support about 350 or so probably a little more. The car will make what it makes.....Who suggested that turbo to you??

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
When will people stop equating PSI to anything that matters? You want 300 whp ... run as much boost as you need to get 300 whp. PSI is turbo dependent ... a big turbo at 15 psi flows more air then a small turbo at 15 psi. Air flow is the key with any forced induction application the figure that actually matters is CFM which will tell you how much air you are actually flowing into the engine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The real question is how much power do you want to make? its been said a million times before....you build a turbocharged engine for a power goal. not a psi goal. Also its intended use. No one knows what exactly your 6262 set up will put down at 6psi or 25 psi until it hits the dyno and is properly tuned. Theres a reason the first few responses werent serious haha. (was still funny) No reason you shouldnt see 300whp reliably with your set up.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So you have a 600+ hp turbo for a 300hp build.....You do realize that the powerband will be a bit lazy for a DD right. And dont get so hung up on psi.Your injectors will support about 350 or so probably a little more. The car will make what it makes.....Who suggested that turbo to you??
Yes I got that turbo because it was a good price, and also if i decide to get some 1200cc injectors and an additional fuel pump and want to go for 500hp, i wont have to buy a new turbo.

I wouldnt run any more than 15 psi on pump fuel.
Noted!

The real question is how much power do you want to make? its been said a million times before....you build a turbocharged engine for a power goal. not a psi goal. Also its intended use. No one knows what exactly your 6262 set up will put down at 6psi or 25 psi until it hits the dyno and is properly tuned. Theres a reason the first few responses werent serious haha. (was still funny) No reason you shouldnt see 300whp reliably with your set up.
They were funny and the point was to be serious and humorous at tthe same time. My goal is 300hp.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes I got that turbo because it was a good price, and also if i decide to get some 1200cc injectors and an additional fuel pump and want to go for 500hp, i wont have to buy a new turbo.

all this with a 6262...your getting further away from a 'streetable car'. if all you want is 300whp id consider a smaller turbo thats friendler on the street and put the 6262 on a shelf. one day you decide you want 500whp well you still got the 6262. 300whp-fun street car. 500whp-your up there and are out of the reliable streetable spectrum. not to say its not done but might not be what your looking for in a street car.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts