Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed a Bisi stage 2, and adjusted the valves according to the paper that came with the cam. But they sound loud as hell. Only driven about 50 miles so far, do I need to reset them? Or is it normal to be louder. Also installed Bisi's valve springs, retainers and Ferrara valves.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its set to the lash specs on the paper that came with the cam. I dont remember the exact specs, and the engine was cold as can be, it sat for 2 days while the head was swaped for a ported one.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
if this is a vtec engine its normal to have some tapping with aftermarket cams cause of the lma's taking up the slack from the smaller base circles, my 59300 sounded like a singer sewing machine

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if this is a vtec engine its normal to have some tapping with aftermarket cams cause of the lma's taking up the slack from the smaller base circles, my 59300 sounded like a singer sewing machine
Thats good news lol I cant find my feeler gauges. A singer is exactly how i describe the noise from the valves. Thanks, and GO STEELERS! Im org from Clarion Pa

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Must not be too far off, put down 144 hp and 113 tq on the dyno today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts