Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the wrist pins that hold the piston to the connecting rods for the D16Z6?

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so there are no clips that help hold them in, just press them out?

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so just heat the pins and then do they have to be tapepd out or will they just slide out? also, how hot do they have to get?

C

·
0 Posts
bring them to a machine shop and get it pressed out.

heating is for installing, you heat up the pistons, so it expands then you pop the pins in, if you heat it with the pins in, i think they pins would expand too...never heard of heating the pistons to get the pins out though...so it might be possible

but you should take it to a machine shop

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
you ZC is a pile of junk then, honestly.

That or your using floating pins on a press fit piston/rod. Your cylinder walls will explain in short time/

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I read in a Honda book that they have to be pressed out, it didnt say anything about heating them.

·
0 Posts
you have to heat the RODS to install.. NOT the piston.. they float in the piston..

·
Ikillyoutillyoudiefromit
07 Si Sedan
389 Posts
92SIvic said:
they float in the piston. they're solid with the rod.
Actually the opposite is true. It doesn't make sense to have two friction bearing surfaces (piston pin holes) as opposed to one (rod). Think about it.

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah, the pin is fixed to the piston and the rod floats on the pin. becuase you can take the rod and slide it back and forth

·
0 Posts
cation said:
Actually the opposite is true. It doesn't make sense to have two friction bearing surfaces (piston pin holes) as opposed to one (rod). Think about it.
dude have you removed your pistons? i just finished rebuilding my whole z6.. the pins floated on the piston. NOT THE ROD.

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
92SIvic said:
dude have you removed your pistons? i just finished rebuilding my whole z6.. the pins floated on the piston. NOT THE ROD.
so all you had to do was heat the rods and the pins slid out? what did you use to heat the rods and also it doesnt ruin the rods if you heat them, i was going to probably reuse my rods.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts