Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im taking my car to the dyno after Christmas but I don't know if the guy there can tune with Uber or Crome...I know he can with a VAFC...he's tuned plenty cars with them. How different is the tuning with Uber vs a VAFC? I wanna see if he could tune it

W

·
0 Posts
piggy back compared to stand alone. hugh difference stand alone of course more harder but with understanding and practice you will understand it

D

·
0 Posts
I'm only mildly computer literate when it comes to some of the subject matter of uber and I found it to be not that hard. Crome was a little easier, but I think I like uber more. I purchased a wideband o2, laptop, & chip burner
for around $450. The reason I went this route is because a VAFC can only do so much, no wideband and still like $250. When you go to a dyno I think most of them aren't set up for honda's. I'm getting my car dyno'd soon and have found people telling me to bring in my own chipping equipment and to use their wideband. Their wideband ussually goes in the tailpipe and doesn't read totally accurate for our vehicles, this too scares me. I'm setting AFRs and then am gonna go in to dyno timing.

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
if you live in modesto I know there are some people out there to help you tune uber...
VAFC is evil!!

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have Uber downloaded and I have a laptop and a chipped p28. I was just trying to figure out if the guy could tune Uber since he can tune with a VAFC. I now know their a lot different to tune with lol. I'll just have to go down there and ask him and then if he can, I'll be going there and having everything tuned. I'll bring my laptop and burner. Thanks for the help.

W

·
0 Posts
rotory20 said:
if you live in modesto I know there are some people out there to help you tune uber...
VAFC is evil!!
yes piggyback is a waste IMO

·
Registered
372 Posts
decev said:
Their wideband ussually goes in the tailpipe and doesn't read totally accurate for our vehicles, this too scares me.
The tail pipe thing is actually pretty nice. The only problem is it can get false reading at low rpms (from fresh air coming in the exhaust). And if you still have a cat it will not read 100% right. But if you are running a striaght pipe it will work just fine.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Tail sniffers always read significantly leaner than O2 sensors in the pipe pre cat. I would never trust a sniffer.

D

·
0 Posts
but how good a tune can you get with a SAFCII and a wideband?

^^TOTAL NOOB ?, but i dont care LOL.

D

·
0 Posts
and why do people say their unsafe or what not?
*double post, sorry!!

W

·
0 Posts
you can't really control that much with a piggyback because think of it as something trying to modify a stock computer. the piggyback is conflicting with the ecu. so a stand alone or uberdata is like using a whole new computer. and there are plenty of tuning places that use controllers and widebands and are good at it go around your local shops....ask

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
the VAFC advances timing. with boost, you want to retard timing. advancing it can lead to detonation and ruing your motor.

also, i would not trust a tailpipe sniffer either. when we dyno'd my buds car, the PLX was reading 12s AFR, but the tailpipe o2 was saying 15s :shocked:

W

·
0 Posts
ryan89crx said:
the VAFC advances timing. with boost, you want to retard timing. advancing it can lead to detonation and ruing your motor.

also, i would not trust a tailpipe sniffer either. when we dyno'd my buds car, the PLX was reading 12s AFR, but the tailpipe o2 was saying 15s :shocked:
12 to 15 wow!!! hugh diff.

·
Registered
201 Posts
ryan89crx said:

thats why i never liked ASS SNIFFERS! ;-)

·
Registered
636 Posts
anyways.. didt read it all...
but fuck VAFC and get a standalone as some call it... it is not that hard but you need the software and eqipment and some understanding... and a VAFC can only be used when the ecu dont look at the lambda above about 4 K RPM... since it will recorrest the fuel anyways...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts