Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fully built top to bottom minus sleeves..

cam: bisi 2.4
JE: 9:1

that knocking'ish noise has always bothered me and has been there since the very first start. some say it's the cam/built motor and it's normal...some say something's up. well H-T?

http://youtu.be/f332fgSigJU

i don't know how to embed on here FTW ^^^

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
depending on your P2W clearance, if it is only when the engine is cold it could easily be piston slap until they heat up and expand some.

other than that.... hard to hear anything.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it doesn't change no matter the engine temp. when i hit everything with a stethescope the noise is most noticeable closest to bell housing.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
make sure your flywheel is tight... a loose flywheel can sound like a bad bearing

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that bitch was a bit loose when i first assembled it, it was since hit with an impact gun.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Describe the noise you're hearing... I def. don't hear any detonation in that clip.

Only things I heard were high pitched noise caused by something slightly loose, and flutter from either the turbo or a minor exhaust leak.

BTW are you chris? and if so you should not be uncensored for one volume much less 3 lol.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahahaha nah man, those are videos of my boy from like 8yrs ago. by knocking i don't mean detonation, i mean like an actual knocking noise..i'll try getting a better video with better audio.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
5,468 Posts
Doesent sound good.

My 2.4 didnt sound like that at all. Yeah it was loud and you could tell it wasnt stcok idle, but after the 2nd valve job it sounded really smooth.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Impact gun+morons=broken parts.

Don't )(#*$)(*$ hammer parts on with an impact gun. Ugh. There are torque specs for a reason.
2x friends brother in law inpacted his crank bolt. Well long story short. It snap off a day later and went rolling down the street along with his crank pully n belts.

Now to the op. does the noise go away when in gear? Or change?
Other then that i dont hear much in the.video.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Absolutely horrible lmas maybe? Mine had a slight tick and it was from them.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
let me source a better video with a better camera, this sounds like a cluster fuck.

the noise i'm talking about isn't even heard in any cylinder with a stethescope, it gets more noticeable near the bell housing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts