Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 HB and its in really rough shape. The whole body is rusty, the interior is worn or not there, all rubber parts of the car are worn out. I really would like to have a rust free car that I can fix, not that needs to be fixed. How can I justify keeping the car I love and not just buying a new(er) car thats in decent condition?
thanks

·
Registered
2000 Honda Civic Dx
2,032 Posts
i think when it comes down to a decision like that it all comes down to budget, time and practicality. do you have the budget to get it back in the shape the way you want? do you have the time to work on it and go parts hunting? do you think it's practical to spend that much money when the car is in such bad condition? that's the way i say it. answer those questions and you'll get your answer.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
if you are cuttin it close with your budget i would just keep the peice(jk) and drive it to the junkyard unless you have to fix it for a price that is more then it is worth to you if you buy a new car it will cost a lot just cuz it is new but if you buy a used car you dont know what is worong with it i vote keep it if the only problem you have is how it looks and the interior.

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
if it runs. keep it and save your money.

unless of course you have the "sickness" then do the same thing only take that saved money and dump it into the car.

there's also taking out a loan to buy exactly what you want. but sometimes thats just not a good idea because car payments suck ballz!

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont have a problem fixing my car, I enjoy do it. Its just a pile of rust. I didnt know how bad it was until I pulled the carpet. The issue is mostly in the body work cost. Body work+sale of my car=price of car thats 4-5 years newer....
Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
i was going to buy a newer s2k, c5, or 350z but decided to stay with my 97 ej6 because of the lightweight, the adundance and cheap price of parts, the cheap insurance, the MPGs and the potential for cheap...

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
^ Just because you can afford it right this second doesn't mean you should get it. That's the reason the economy is in the shape it is in. People have bought a lot of stuff that they could afford, but failed to account for future events

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
^ Just because you can afford it right this second doesn't mean you should get it. That's the reason the economy is in the shape it is in. People have bought a lot of stuff that they could afford, but failed to account for future events
umm, i thought that is what i said? car note should show a time line. as in the amount of time needed to pay the vehical off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts