DC 4-1 header (already have)
AEM CAI (already have)
Tanabe SMH exhaust (already have)
JRSC
RC 440
B&M FPR (already have)
AEM fuel rail (already have)
Tuning with Hondata s200 w/boost
Z6 trans with 4.9 FD (already have trans, waiting on FD)
Exedy Stage 1 clutch (already have)
Fidanza 7lb flywheel (already have)

Should make for a fun DD, don't ya think?

-Mike

·
Registered
525 Posts
Sounds like a damn fun DD to me, but because of the P29's and a supercharger don't you think you might want to upgrade the cooling system also?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I already have a Koyo radiator.

What else are you hinting towards? I would eventually like to get the LHT intercooler, but that is down the road. Plus, I would only be running the stock 6 psi with the JRSC.

-Mike

·
Registered
271 Posts
whats your compression for that stage 3 cam??

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
most say to stay away from light flywheels and go with stock, i have always followed this advice my self, the rest looks good.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, the light flywheel made a huge improvement since I have had it in, and I think I'll keep it just to try it out.

I was going to go all motor, but seems that with only the 6psi and the semi-high compression, it would work hand in hand to making a great, fun to drive, daily driver. Should definitely be a mid to low 13 second car IMO. With N20, who knows

·
The Great Weldini
8,901 Posts
ghey. i'm doing the samething to my bottom end with all new parts, 12lbs flywheel, clutchmaster stage 3 disc, new p29, bore 20 over, new rings balanced, and several doo hicky from a local machine shop for $525. oh and he build track cars, too.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
yea dude i know exospeed is a GREAT company. but your paying out the ass find a local shop to do all your work. and find a shop that has sort of a waiting list then you will know that they do good work or are really slow lol

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
i hope you have a good tuner. there is not much room for error at that compression with boost...
:werd:, I would go with a stock flywheel like mentioned above. It may help you rev quicker, but it will cause you to loose some torque.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
:beer:yeah, with a comp that high, 6psi on a good tune will probably be your limit.... anything above you will prolly have detonating problems....

as for the flywheel.. i have a fidanza on mine lol 22lbs for stock adn 7lbs for a lightweight does make it rev up quick... ive had no problems for a year.... im reusing it on my new setup..... they are stronger then oem too. the more weight off the crank makes a little more power... either the oem of lightweight would be fine IMO

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
lightweight flywheel will make your rotating assembly spin more freely, and rev up faster..... it wont give you hardly nemore hp or trq that you will acually feel... its pretty much like the same concept in getting a lightweight crank pulley... stock is fine, and i could find other things that are alot better to add to the setup then a crank pulley/flywheel. But if you already have it..... then use it....

IMO if you werent going forced induction then i would go all out in taking weight off the crank... but for turbo/charger its very un necessary:hammer:

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
lightweight flywheel will make your rotating assembly spin more freely, and rev up faster..... it wont give you hardly nemore hp or trq that you will acually feel... its pretty much like the same concept in getting a lightweight crank pulley... stock is fine, and i could find other things that are alot better to add to the setup then a crank pulley/flywheel. But if you already have it..... then use it....
A lighter flywheel will take much less energy to accelerate, so it will make a noticeable difference. A crank pulley is already pretty light in comparison, so mass reduction won't make as big of an impact.

In reality, you should compare the moment of inertia of flywheels, not weight. Mass distribution is equally as important as total mass in this case. If you reduce the moment of inertia of the flywheel by a significant amount, you can "free up" a few horsepower that would normally have been used to accelerate it. Keep in mind that lighter crank pulleys and flywheels do not change the engine's power output at all. They just improve the crankshaft's angular acceleration.

Anyway, let's get back on topic. ;)

OP, I hope you have a lot of money for this engine. That sounds like a damn expensive setup, but damn fun.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
lol a flywheel wont make a nice noticable difference.... like i said i have one installed and might rev up faster but who cares???? lol instead of running a 13.99999999 you might run a 13.999999998 lol.... i stated that since he already has one might as well use it... now if you have an all motor setup yeah a flywheel might be a good investment... but for turbo its def not a requirement and will not give you hardly any noticable difference:slap:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts