Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
CRX-Si
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a Dohc ZC to get me around town while i build my sohc is there a good way to tell if what im buying is really a JDM ZC and not a USDM ZC im looking at the whole package the engine tranny ecu harness and axles for $600.00 from a local shop i just wanted some advice on what to check for and stuff b4 i bought one

·
Registered
600 Posts
That's true no ZC stampings are USDM. Not only that but there are no DOHC ZC's that were USDM period. In japan the JDM SI CRX and Civic come with the DOHC ZC, as well as some EG Civic's came with OBD-1 versions which is sweet because you can bolt them into EK's with a conversion harness. The closest USDM engine was the first gen integra D16A1 that was usually a brown valve cover, but mounted completely different than D-series and was only 118HP. I'd build the ZC if I were you, they are capable of alot more power especially turbo'd. A friend who scabbed(torch and stick weld mounts) a stock D16A1 into a CRX ran a T3/60-1 on it and ran a best 12.5 1/4 mile time 2 weekends at the strip before it got a rod knock. Build it and you have a beast, that's my plan for my EK Hatch. It's going to install LS rods, the devcon block fill process, and turbo pistons(undecided what ones).

·
Registered
112 Posts
stock is good!!!

rkcarguySI said:
I'd build the ZC if I were you, they are capable of alot more power especially turbo'd. A friend who scabbed(torch and stick weld mounts) a stock D16A1 into a CRX ran a T3/60-1 on it and ran a best 12.5 1/4 mile time 2 weekends at the strip before it got a rod knock. Build it and you have a beast, that's my plan for my EK Hatch. It's going to install LS rods, the devcon block fill process, and turbo pistons(undecided what ones).
By LS rods u mean ..forged rods for integra LS??
and with enough fuel a stock DOHC can be turboed safely to say umm....
9 pounds of boost???? on a T28 BBT? :eek:

All who said i was insensitive for jumping on this thread?? sorry!!

anyways get the ZC, send ur cams to JG engine dynamics for a regrind and send them to ME along with pair of adjustable cam gears (see,I live outside U.S.) jus so you can take ur mind of the whole turbo idea....

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
Black top, valve cover bolts on the outside, intake manifold is rounded, not the square one. Driver side motor mount is the same as the SOHC, the non-civic ones have a different mount...same with transmissions if im not mistaken

B

·
0 Posts
Any DOHC ZC with a serial number starting with a 2 is a JDM Civic ZC, if it starts with a 5 it's a JDM integra ZC. They're nearly identical. And all ZCs are JDM.

·
Registered
00' Honda Civic EX
1,540 Posts
Yea, nothing else to it. Look on the block. If "ZC" is stamped on it, it's JDM. If it says D16A1, it's USDM.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts