Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to swap mine off my car and install it into my gf's car. both are ek's and its the drivers side. any one have a write up or a link?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,008 Posts
take it off of what exactly?

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
you push down on the red button. LMAO. Sorry, had to with that title.

You got a shop manual?. Can you still see it? If not your going to have to pull the seat. It consist of 4 bolts, and the plug under it if you got power seats or lights under there lol.

·
COOOOOOL BEAAANNNS
^^
980 Posts
lol sorry bro i have never done this. do i have to take the seat off?
i don't know, but i doubt there is anyway to get the whole assembly off without taking the seat out to get to some stuff. If you can do it, i don't think i'll feel as safe having it on in the future.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you push down on the red button. LMAO. Sorry, had to with that title.

You got a shop manual?.
lol did you see the pics? epic fail thats why i need to take it off. i have a manual but i dont think it shows anything on seat belts.

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
lol did you see the pics? epic fail thats why i need to take it off. i have a manual but i dont think it shows anything on seat belts.
missed em. yeah, if that dont come out, ya might need to buy a new do-hicky. lol

after viewing pic:
yep, It's in There! as the commercial use to go. Hmmn, what was that for? stumped.

Yeah, this is connected to the seat and the only way your going to get this baby out, or try to get it out, is this way.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i don't know, but i doubt there is anyway to get the whole assembly off without taking the seat out to get to some stuff. If you can do it, i don't think i'll feel as safe having it on in the future.
i just need to take the part off that you click into. i really hope i dont have to take the seat off.

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
i just need to take the part off that you click into. i really hope i dont have to take the seat off.
No way around it. The seat is the easy part. I've taken mine out more than you can shake a stick at?. lol

Use to, well still do, detail cars and sometimes, they were baaaaaaaaaaaaad. Or they had flood damage, or like on ours, with the damn crappy short-arse-hell cup holders, you pull out of a local drive-thru and next ya thing ya know, you got your Mega size pop, covering your floors!!. Not cool.

·
4,008 Posts
to get to the 2 screws that hold the plastic trim on, yes you will have to unbolt the seat. then you remove the (17mm I think) bolt holding on the seat belt clicker to the seat rail. its quite easy as I did it when I swapped in del sol seats into the eg8

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
The seat is again, held on by 4 bolts. (2 frt. 2 rear). The rail has a cover over this unit. It too has 2 bolts/screws it shows. Also once ya get down to the seat, flip it over, there is a seat belt switch harness you need to disconnect.
Really this job is simple compared to alot of other jobs. It can be done really quick!. Im afraid, you will probably have to get a new one or a used seat belt connector though. It don't "break down" this unit.

Slo eg8 beat me. but,
Yes, simple as pie!

here is a pic for you, ya might need to blow it up though, OK, maybe not lol.

here is how simple it is: not a straight scan, but you get the point. NOW GO DO IT! lol

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
They could just download the whole file themselves :)

I have both the 92-95 and 96-98 manual saved to desktop.......I use them alot helping out here.

·
Registered
96 Civic HX
976 Posts
They could just download the whole file themselves :)

I have both the 92-95 and 96-98 manual saved to desktop.......I use them alot helping out here.
true, I got that 96-98 somewhere. Cant find it of late. -Maybe I just had a link and lost that? IDK. Soo resorting to old school back when we had them thar things called books. lol

If ya find it, send one my way again would ya? Id appreciate it.:)

·
4,008 Posts
also, the seat belt (male side) may have to be used with the female side

1 - 20 of 41 Posts