Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
i save your ass when you wreck
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i kno the brake lines on the dist. valve are different. ones front and ones rear and vise versa. i cant remember exactly how it is but i kno there flip flopped.. could you reverse the lines and make it so its FF/RR? and use one line lock? im curious how they do it. anyone kno?

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
i kno the brake lines on the dist. valve are different. ones front and ones rear and vise versa. i cant remember exactly how it is but i kno there flip flopped.. could you reverse the lines and make it so its FF/RR? and use one line lock? im curious how they do it. anyone kno?
or pull your e-brake up :bigok:

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i kno.. i do that..but its a whole lot easier to just push a button and let go..either a button on the steerin wheel or on the shifter

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im wondering how some of those fwd drag cars do it.. im finally building my civic for drag and im curious and looking into everything

·
Registered
95 accord/87 ACCORD
491 Posts
On my old drag crx I had a kenskustomchassis straight axle rear end and it came with its own mastercylinder mounted to the extended e brake handle.So I had to eliminate the rear brake system and there was no rear brakes unless you pull the e brake.This kind of setup is what the pros use you can easily set up a line lock to the rear brakes.

Attachments

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you got any more pics of your car? thank for the info

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just called kens kustoms and they answered pretty much all my questions

·
94 hatchback cx
6,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they seemed busy so i just shot them a email and ill talk to them then.. my plan was to run omni drag coils, lexan windows, either fiberglass doors or gut the stock doors, that 80lbs id loose on that straight axle would be nice plus the brake booster delete.. i cant wait to get my car done but i think prices are gona add up fast.. haha

·
Registered
95 accord/87 ACCORD
491 Posts
they seemed busy so i just shot them a email and ill talk to them then.. my plan was to run omni drag coils, lexan windows, either fiberglass doors or gut the stock doors, that 80lbs id loose on that straight axle would be nice plus the brake booster delete.. i cant wait to get my car done but i think prices are gona add up fast.. haha
Yes it adds up real fast.We had the drag car for a few years it was my first car and a never ending project.We then came across a all stock crx and decided to build a street/strip car cause with the straight axle rear end there is no way you can drive it on the street it would beat you ass!
So we are building this.It is 24/7's car 390 whp and 340 tourque spinning the tires on the dyno and no nitrous.I think it was at 19 psi i cant remember.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts