Honda D Series Forum banner

How do you convert to p28?

9K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Civicpeg 
#1 ·
Hi
i've a 96 1.6 non vtec jdm integra with d16zcsohc plannin on doin a turbo conversion,
I'm really confused, i pulled my ecu out and it looks like neither obd1 or 2,
i've since established its obd1 but missing the B cavity cavities A and D are there is a p76 and wanna convert to p28 with a conversion harness but the B cavity is missing.its a d16zc sohc jdm engine.anyone?

however i found a pinout diagram online

https://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http...5ZOY8w&usg=AFQjCNHSOiOoNKVoiZ8aBiEtj2j1OBd-5g

Any wiring master?

#4 ·
#7 ·
What year is your car? Can't you just sell your ecu when the time comes for the turbo and get a p28? If your car is a 96 or newer you will need an obd2-1 adapter harness

#9 ·
The ecu the op has isn't like the ecu we have here in the USA. The ecu the op has uses two ecu plugs and is like half obd1 and obd2. It's an odd ball ecu and so is the wiring. If I remember right the distributor is all so different from the ones we have.

#12 ·
ZC Non-VTEC: ?????????? P76

Not in english but google can help with that.
Theain thing is it has the pin out.

And i remeber long ago helping with some of this from a member on here.

Your have to slice an obd1 connector into the harness and add some more wires.

The p76 ecu only has 2 injector wires and a few other things are missing.

So you have to hard wire them from the cab harness or right from the sensors themself.

Hopefully you know how to do wiring. If not then your better off getting a different car. Unles the cab harness will plug in play with an normal obd1 or pbd2 harness.

#14 ·
I have a few questions for you, and depending on answers, this can be solved easily.

Q1 Under the hood, do you have a one piece engine harness that goes directly through the firewall, or do you have multiple plugs on one or both strut towers?

Q2 since your car is OBD2 or a hybrid OBD2, you should have a secondary O2 sensor. Is the plug/wiring for it sourced from the engine harness, or is it sourced from teh dash harness, similar to our USDM OBD2B setups?

If not sure about anything, please take pictures.

#16 ·
sounds good. I assumed OBD2 from the year, as most of our vehicles were fully OBD2 starting in 1996 in USA.

you may or may not be able to source other japanese auto's for the plugs. the OBD1 traditional honda ecu plugs are shared with some mazdas, for example. I wonder if your rare plug is shared by another vehicle in some way, which would allow you to create a seperate converter harness, instead of having to modify your actual wiring itself.

#17 · (Edited)
Back again. Found out there are two euro style 2 plug variants of the p76. These were in old gobs of endless paragraphs in archived forum posts.

One style is described as a modified 4injector version of the old dual point injection that we had in USDM as the d15b2. The modification being 2 injectors were added and used as batch fire to increase potential fuel flow.

The other was described as simply a modified version of the wiring, but injectors were set up traditionally as 1 per cylinder, housed at intake flange.

So those pictures will sure help quite a bit!

Here is a wiring diagram for the modified batch fire. Note how 2 injectors are wired to each of the 2 fuel outputs

EDIT this diagram is the most recent I found, in this thread dated only a few years back
http://honda-tech.com/tech-misc-15/dc-1-p76-ecu-pinout-1344535/

EDIT use google translater on this one
http://www.todoautos.com.pe/f93/club-honda-31956/index155.html

If it sends you to page 1, the info Im linking is on page 155

#20 ·
Hey guys I have a couple questions for this same conversion. I am installing a P28 with automatic tranny, do I pin the lock up solenoid straight to the ECU?
Does the distributor wire have to shielded, like a ground the wires?
Do I remove the green plug, because from the original set up some wires from that green plug goes to connector A and connector D?
Where do I ground the Vtec pressure switch?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.