Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i need help reset my airbags in my honda civic pls help.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
reset? you mean they went off? you need new airbags or go to the dealer

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you want to reset them, get a non-srs steering wheel and uplug the srs unit under the center console...wha-la srs is reset. no more pesky explosives 15 inches from your nuts.

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
Airbags suck!!!
It BURNS>>>>

·
ridin on rotas
1,980 Posts
kept me from kissing my steering wheel. I'd rather have a small skin burn for a couple of days, than fuck up my face for life.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bspeed said:
you want to reset them, get a non-srs steering wheel and uplug the srs unit under the center console...wha-la srs is reset. no more pesky explosives 15 inches from your nuts.
i second this.. however, its so not legal.;-)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gftgrill said:
kept me from kissing my steering wheel. I'd rather have a small skin burn for a couple of days, than fuck up my face for life.
I think airbags are a wonderful invention and every year they get better with speed dependant deploying and auto tensioning seatbelts....blah blah blah.....you get the point.

HOWEVER, airbags are meant to protect you from whatever direction they blow. Falling over from sitting onto your face onto a pillow it is soft right? Now kneel down and have Sammy Sosa wind up and swat you in the face with the same pillow, if you head is still attatched you will still be unhappy with the outcome. I worked as an EMT in San Diego for a year before getting into nursing school and I saw some nasty airbag injuries (granted I would rather be hurt than dead) but the single worst injury I saw was where a Late 90's Toyota tacoma was backed into in a parking lot (like 10mph) the steering wheel bag deployed. The woman who was in the Toyota had her hands at 10and2 (drivers ed. style) both of her radials and ulnas (the bones in your forearms) were broken from the bag, that is FOUR broken bones. Burns from airbags are getting off easy if you ask me.

Anyway yeah disonecting SRS components are illegal, but so are sohcZC's in California. sorry for the rant about airbags I just feel they are just a better than dying device and not a replacement for wearing your seatbelt and driving intelligently.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts