Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea whats the easiest and/or best place to hook up the power for my gauges? I'd love it if I could use one spot to power all of them. Boost gauge and oil pressure. I noticed on the oil gauge that the light bulb has separate connections. Can I just power that with the post connections on the gauge, or do I have to run them separate to their own source? Thanks as always.
2017-02-14 18.34.32 by Anomolix, on Flickr

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,305 Posts
is that for the A pillar? theres a power wire that runs up it for the dome light, you might be able to tie into that..........don't quote me on it

·
Registered
ej8
6,367 Posts
What car?
There is some spades on the fuse box.
Battery, acc, ignition 2,headlights, i believe.

Find what you need and run a wire up to theba pillar.
Then simply Y it off to theboil and boost.
The light for the oil can be tee into the power wire (for always on light) or headlight for coming on only when you have your lights on

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,305 Posts
What car?
There is some spades on the fuse box.
Battery, acc, ignition 2,headlights, i believe.

Find what you need and run a wire up to theba pillar.
Then simply Y it off to theboil and boost.
The light for the oil can be tee into the power wire (for always on light) or headlight for coming on only when you have your lights on
the ones he speaks of, are highlighted in green

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
All power wires tie into each other and get hooked to ignition source

All grounds tie together even the ones for the lights than ground to the chassis.

All light power wires tie together and go to a light source that turns on with the parking/headlights. Like said above you can find this in the fuse Bose.

·
Registered
6,905 Posts
use a bus bar. There are dozens of types.

I like the twin rails with 6-12 screws per side, its great for running a single 8 gauge wire and fuse, and having only one ground wire to chassis.

dozens and dozens of types available. Use relays off a clean ignition source and be sure all battery source signals are fused.

·
Registered
6,905 Posts
6-Way 32V Circuit Car Boat Automotive Auto Blade Fuse Box Block Holder ATC ATO | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/152060829890?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

EDIT this one will be intercepting my sub amp power wire to provide power for my soon-to-be-mine sony high power deck that needs a seperate power wire made
http://www.ebay.com/itm/152141092075?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

EDITE EDITE EDIT this will also be able to provide power to required components, such as fuel pump, blower motor, extra gauge lights or accent lights, etc...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts