Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had another one of these, and by the time I got around to actually hooking it up the piece that looks like what I'm assuming to be a pcb broke off. So my question is how do I keep it from breaking in the future? I was thinking about covering the edges of it with jb weld. I'm open to any suggestions.

2017-02-24 06.00.29 by Anomolix, on Flickr

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont run cheap oil pressure gauges and senders like that.

Auto meter makes some gauges that use AEM style sensors. Just put one on an EG and it came out very nice. The signal from the sender is much better too, not all bouncy and weird like some 1 wire electric senders.

Theres some pics of it here.

BangShift.com BangShift Tech: We Revamp Our Entire Dash Using Auto Meter Gauges To Replace No Name Junk That Failed - Bonus BangShifty Tricks Applied - BangShift.com
Noted.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,748 Posts
2" conduit mount to hold the Autometer sensor on the firewall.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
if you dont mind the look, i really like the square din style gauges from auberinstruments

Automobile Multimeter for EGT, Boost, Red [SYL-1813R] - $49.50 : auberins.com, Temperature control solutions for home and industry

i have had there egt sensor on my truck for over 3 years now without a single issue. They are relatively cheap, extremely reliable and use cheap but durable sensors. Its great too because this one single box can be changed to interface with pretty much any sensor they offer, pressure transducer, temperature gauge, even infrared surface gauge and spark plug temp sensor. all you do is set the correct calibration number according to the sensor and it works. Everything is pre-programed.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,944 Posts
Reactions: slo_eg8
1 - 7 of 7 Posts