Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
I don't think you can with the HF. you need a drag, greddy, or osme 3rd party that is a short log style, and then a custom downpipe that also is Ac friendly.

C

·
0 Posts
what would an "a/c friend;y" downpipe be like? cuz i sure as hell aint getting rid of mine

C

·
0 Posts
so i'd have to custom make a downpipe in order to keep the a/c? I've never done anything like this and none of my friends have either.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Yes the BEST way to retain your a/c is to go all custom. downpipe, dumptube, manifold etc.

·
Registered
82 Posts
its possible to keep your ac with the hf manifold. you just have to angle the turbo kinda funky. a guy on turbod16 did it

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
or you can keep it in a spot on your garage floor. that worked for me! but seriously, probably easiest way to do it is to get a manifold that specifies that it's a/c friendly, which i believe the greddy manifold is.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,225 Posts
With the HF/regular plate, its impossible. With the compressor on the driver's side it hits the AC pump. With it the other way, the turbo hits the block. And I don't mean touching, either way 1/4 of the turbo takes up the space it 'hits'.

I'm making an adapter plate (2, actually :p ) that mounts the turbo down & away from the HF manifold/block. I plan on pinching a 3" DP between the block/xmember/ac pump with a t3's internal wastegate housing. Essentially its an HF flange connected to a t3 flange by a 2.5" sch40 elbow. I might have to mess with the actuator's possition, but it should work fine.

The only other thing I might have to do is run a del slo radiator and put a 10-12" fan in front of the turbo (to cool the condensor). I like the setups like my women, tight & hard :p

D

·
0 Posts
Actually, there is a guy on HMT with the HF and a plate with holes at an angle so the compressor side sticks out from the block at a 30deg angle or so while the exhaust side points to the block.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts