Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so the engines a 92-95 d15b 1 vtec solenoid cars a 96 civic cx hatch . Ive had this code since the swap trying to get rid of it. Looks like the guy who swapped it wired and grounded the pressure switch right i hv a p28 ecu with the jumper harness into the obd 2 car . Today i did the vtec bypass thing by connecting jumper wire from a2 to d3 and light went away but it comes back on.after driving ten minutes or so. Shut car off light stays off and comes on again after driving a while . It stays off even while car is warm. Is there a reset i need to do or wondering if possibly vtec solenoid is bad or clogged ?(i hv no meter to test anything and dont want to pull the solenoid off if i dont have to) Keeping in mind ive had this code since day 1 and the engine had 80000km on it . It was off an auto car though and mines msnual if that matters ..Or could it be my oil pump or just the fact that the obd2 no vtec car cant work with vtec? Any help is appreciated !

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty sure its wired right guy who did the swap had done a ton of em and works for honda as a mechanic. Thanks for the help though ! ya oil lev is good tried everything eccept cleaning the screen it came on from day one though so maybee screen was clogged in japan but i doubt it ill try that if thats not it im thinking its cause of it being a p28 ecu and not a po8..

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Did you change the oil when you swapped the d15b into place? or did you wait?

never trust a jdm motor to work properly right away, these things have been sitting around for YEARS waiting to be bought.

do your basic visual inspection of the valvetrain after removing the valve cover. Make sure the motor looks healthy from the inside, it can clue you in. If it looks nasty and sludgey, that would be a big indicator why the motor is complaining of low oil pressure.

Actually, the easiest method of proving whether the CEL is bullshit or not, remove the pressure switch of the vtec solenoid, hook a gauge up, and read the pressure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts