Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
dk general lee
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to go to UTI and i need to get sponsored by honda (preferably). How do I exactly get a sponsor from honda or any other manufacture. Just to let you guys know i'm a junior in high school, I'm still researching.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
You get a sponsorship from someone when you have something to offer them that will make them more money than they have to spend on you.

You need to present your value to them, and convince them it is a wise business decision. Explain to them how you will generate revenue for them.

If that is too difficult, expect no sponsorships.

·
Retired From Hondas
2,796 Posts
^^

Beat me to it..

You can get a HPF civic shell for 100 bucks or 1000 bucks (cant remember which) but you have to have a legit racing team in sanctioned events.

·
Registered
94 Del Sol si
489 Posts
Do u mean to get in to the elective program that UTI offers to place u in a job at a dealership? Or like a racing sponsorship? When I went to UTI (2001). You had to graduate the general courses first and then u could pick from a few manufacturer programs to go to after. Then they would place u in a dealership when u passed that. We didn't need sponsors though, must be something new.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Looks like a program where a manufacturer gives a scholarship or a grant to go to UTI so the student can go work for a dealership..

OP, uti isn't that great, dont let the ricer supra advertisement fool ya. I know guys who went there and guys who went to local trade schools. Guess which people are more successful?

P.s. If you really like Hondas that much, try and get Acura to take you. The only money is in luxury and diesel. Real talk.

·
Registered
97 EJ6 boosted D16Z6
1,079 Posts
lol, my friend graduated from UTI. Now he drives around in a Progressive mini-suv taking pictures of damaged cars, and paying off student loans.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
no need to go to uti. Start out in a dealership as a lot attendant or washing cars and work your way up the ranks. That way your not in debt.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts

·
Registered
dk general lee
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sorry for the late reply but i want to get a career in a Honda dealership first by going to UTI and then go to a 4 year college and get a business degree then open up my own shop. And thanks for all your answers.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I repeat, all the money is in diesel and luxury cars. If you're dead set on Honda, go for Acura. If a Lexus tech makes twice as much as a yota tech, I'm sure a similar example can be made out of Acura and Honda.

You still get to work on K engines dude.

You're probably never going to touch a D series at a Honda dealership unless you're slinging parts for Harry. If you touch a B it'l be in a CR-V, but I doubt anyone with a CR-V still services it at a dealership

1 - 20 of 25 Posts