Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know how to measure the head if it has been milled.

How can I determine if the block has been decked or not?

thanks

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,635 Posts

measure the volume and see if its stock or not

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,920 Posts
If bare block you can measure the deck height.

And for the head. There is a factory number and a service limit for head thickness. Measure your head and take it away from the factory number. Leaving you the amount that was taken off

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone I did measure the head tonight at all four points. Before milling Honda says it starts at 1 mm or basically .040. After measuring tonight it looks like .020 has been milled from my head as my dial indicator read .020 at all four measuring points.

my question is where to measure if the block has been decked or milled? Where is or are the measuring points? there is nothing on my Z6 block that looks anything like the four measuring points on the Z6 head.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Im not familiar with any measuring points for block decking, but possibly, you might be able to spin teh engine over by hand a few times wiht oil in there, to get the oil pump to push some oil into the bearings, and you might be able to measure how deep the pistons are in the hole at TDC.

If they are at the deck surface or lower, you should be perfectly fine. If they are above the deck, then you know it has had quite a bit taken off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts