Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i recently picked up a car pulled the motor nd trans out ok but now my bay is dirt from whatever mess the pplz before me had done and down the road its gonna get tucked and prolly a mil spec harness and today i used engine degreaser and it got some of it off but not all of it and scrub my my balls off

so i was wondering if ne one had any tips on what i can use to clean it

this is wat im dealin with

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
What degreaser did you use?

I've used Purple Power with good success...

Maybe try a power washer if you have access to one.

·
Registered
2006 scion xb rs 4.0
32 Posts
+1 for purple power,i've had good luck with simple green let it soak full strength for 15-20 minutes if that doesn't cut it then i'd try a couple cans of brake cleaner then follow up with either purple power or simple green

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts
simple green or purple power...

spray it everywhere, let it set for a while.. then pressure wash it off.. or if you dont have a pressure washer, just use some high power wash...

that should get a majority of it off... then spray more on let it set.. this time before you hose it off, get a rag and rub down those stubborn surfaces... then spray some more then hose it off..

brake cleaner also works well but can stain the paint and metal components...

·
Registered
1999 EJ8
1,188 Posts
WD40 + Paint Brush + Rags/Towels

Spray down an area, scrub it with the paint brush, wipe clean with towels.

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
wd40
simple green
purple power
i guess oven degreaser woudl work good
scrubbing bubbles to polish/ finish it
if its super bad and you dont mind it may eat some paint but lift station degreaser is hands down the best degrester just dong get it in your eyes or skin it burns but smells like strawberry

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,215 Posts
Oven cleaner x2. If you've got crap on there that doesn't want to come off, oven
cleaner will make that grime your bitch.

I think it's mandatory to live in Downriver, Detroit Michigan and have to clean a
bay with oven cleaner. Since Bone lived here, he might attest to that.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What degreaser did you use?

I've used Purple Power with good success...

Maybe try a power washer if you have access to one.
i used autozone engine degreaser and it got some of it off but not all of and the power washer i would but the grommets on the wall arent there nd i dont need a flood in my car so thats out of the question

and whats this purple power stuff and where can i buy it that everyone keeps talkin bout ?

·
Registered
2006 scion xb rs 4.0
32 Posts
oven cleaner works for sure my dad loves this stuff but use caution around aluminum parts.My dad ruined a C4 tranny I was gonna put in my mustang but only because he sprayed the internal's when I had it apart...
And purple power can be bought at most auto parts store's advance is running a special right now where I'm at 5 gallons for $20 if ya got an account with them

·
Registered
98 honda civic LX
1,765 Posts
ok i recently picked up a car pulled the motor nd trans out ok but now my bay is dirt from whatever mess the pplz before me had done and down the road its gonna get tucked and prolly a mil spec harness and today i used engine degreaser and it got some of it off but not all of it and scrub my my balls off

so i was wondering if ne one had any tips on what i can use to clean it

this is wat im dealin with

its called work son........DO IT!

lol purple power pressure washer and a small brush for the small areas!

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
its called work son........DO IT!

lol purple power pressure washer and a small brush for the small areas!

I've been doing work when I get home later ill upload a pic of what I've done so far and I'm going to pick up some purple power today and do in the rain this way I don't have to clean up whatever mess I make in my drive that's aslong as gods on my side nd helps me out

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,666 Posts
Is oven cleaner ok with rubber parts? I'd be surprised...

I use concentrated Simple Green. And then pressure wash with hot water. I hook up an industrial garden hose to the hot water outlet to the washing machine and run that into the pressure washer. It's almost like a steam clean. You can also temporarily crank up the water temp on your water heater if desired.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i hope this does the trick lol if not im fucked lmmfao

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts
i hope this does the trick lol if not im fucked lmmfao

ha ha!

where is the brake parts cleaner spray? looks like you had an axle boot bust in your engine bay... quite the mess.. goodluck!

·
Registered
the short bus
1,065 Posts
Once you hit full boost the dirt will just blow itself off. Its more effective than VTAK.

Use brake clean for super fucked up spots. Are you going to respray it? BYP has some red spray cans laying around. lol

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Once you hit full boost the dirt will just blow itself off. Its more effective than VTAK.

Use brake clean for super fucked up spots. Are you going to respray it? BYP has some red spray cans laying around. lol
oooo words wats good wit some red spray paint lol

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hmmm, I will be doing the same thing soon. Purple power wins.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool well wasn't able to do it this weekend cause I had to work due to the storm we had in ny so maybe during the week ill do it after work nd ill post before nd after pics

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i did a lil today not much but i got before and after pics ill post later and purple power takes the paint right off w/e tho im gonna respray the bay ne way

1 - 20 of 49 Posts