Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 civic ek9
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a d15b in a 96 hatchback how do i get a basemap on my ecu? Im keeping everything stock other than turbo and exhaust no injectors ... i only want 200hp at the wheels ... do i need hondata or whats the cheapest way to go about tuning ?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,052 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Civic HB
1 Posts
An s300 will give you the best value as far as being able to tune on the fly. By chipping, you're restricting yourself to the single tune that has been flashed to the chip. Get a hondata, create a basemap, and then get to a tuner and pay them to tune you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im using s300 and Crome.

Best to get s300 cause you can save multiple tunes to choose from. Have more parameters to play with.

I have d16 with a Crom tune, i have no problems with it at all, but it seems like if you dont burn it porperly your tune can be lost or messed up.

Crome is cheap, s300 is expensive

·
Registered
96 civic ek9
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well thanks everyone for your time ! New to the site great info !! I see there's a couple of big shooters on this post that are reppin pretty though. Nice

·
Registered
420 Posts
Like already stated. Look at a couple vids on youtube on ecu chipping or buy a chipped ecu from someone. If you have the budget go with hondata, if not then crome is fine to get started

1 - 8 of 8 Posts