Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i just got a d16z6 stock how can i get 150hp on the wheel i have done the search work but only i get the compresion numbers.How can i get 150hp to 160hp on this motor,i know that with a turbo i can do it,but in PR the Turbo class are to fast,thanks for the felp

·
formerly allnaturalrex
1989 honda crx si
4,639 Posts
you have not searched but ill give you this one and remember this you need

high compression
cam
intake
header
exhaust
tuning

as for brands and what to use you need to search cause im tired all this has been covered.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
whats with the "i want 150whp"

its easier if u take it step by step.. make how much u make with basic stuff..
and improve..

go from lets say 135whp then 140, 150 +

if that costs alot? then one cant afford a 150+whp build

·
Registered
stock sedan
1,460 Posts
check bisimoto website for some nice cams

·
Registered
199 Posts
cams, bolt-ons, high compression, and a prayer...

It aint even worth the trouble... Better of turbo and stripping ya car to nothing... And run in the turbo class with some slicks... Even if you dont win your car will be alot faster than anything you'd expect from 150whp...

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts
NAAWWSS!! Yeah a 50 shot will be safe with like a WOT switch. When you floor it, instant power. But is nitrous allowed in your class?

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,942 Posts

·
Registered
2000 civic 2 door ex
732 Posts
75 shot will get you to 150whp haha

·
Administrator
Honda
6,992 Posts
pretty much turbo or have alot more money to get small gains out of n/a
Lies

Don Moody said:
Here is one from last year.. The chart looks a little funky due to the open header contaminating the intake air into the carbs... Once we fixed that it shot up just a little.
152.9whp 118ftlbs

D15 with milled head, no porting, p29 pistons stock 75mm bore.
Bisimoto camshaft.

Car is now running 160ish with minor tweaks and tuning. All under 2K price.

Bisimoto said:
...as promised. More D16A6 data:

Full street, D16A1 pistons and rods, dual carbs, cheap DC header, bisimoto springs, level 2 cam:

Full street D16A6, D16A1 pistons and rods, bisimoto spec ported head, dc header, 3" exhaust, level 3 cam, bisimoto springs and retainers:

Sleeved block at 77mm, bisimoto spec Arias pistons (uncoated), dc header, 3" exhaust, Bisimoto spec headwork, level X cam, bisimoto springs and retainers:

BTW, the last chart pales in comparison to my full race D15B2 race engine, which had the level X cam, coated pistons, race fuel, larger intake valves and larger bore!

·
Registered
'02 Civic LX Coupe
609 Posts
Best advice i think that can be given is to just keep hangin' around here and postin' and readin' all the other people's posts. There are a lot of very knowledgable and helpful people around here. I have learned the most about hondas (SOHC specifically) from reading like mad on this site.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts