Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 90 civic hatch with a d16z6 swap and turbo. I bought the car as a project car. It is currently running lean. Since it was not my built, I do not know what size of fuel pump I have. I have been told I need at least a 220 pump. How can I find out what size the car currently has?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,878 Posts
use google to find the pump location. remove pump. post picture if unsure.

also, check injectors whilst youre at it.

or take the car to have it tuned.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
I might be able to help with these questions if you can post some detailed pictures.

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will post pictures as soon as I get it out. I was hoping I could find out without having to get out the pump.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Disconnect fuel supply to rail - pipe it to a 5 gallon gas can. Let it run 60 seconds then measure the fuel in the can and solve for X.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Disconnect fuel supply to rail - pipe it to a 5 gallon gas can. Let it run 60 seconds then measure the fuel in the can and solve for X.
Which will tell you what the pump flows at free flow and a rather large margin of error.

When what he needs to know is what the pump flows as 40psi.

You can try running the same test student described, but do it from the return, after the regulator.

Still, without having a good measuring device and semi-precise control over timing and starting/stopping the pump, you could have a decent enough margin of error that the reading and actual flow will be quite different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts