Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
what des the d15b7 engine like? bolt ons? turbos? bla ba bla...just got a new car last night.... and it has the b7 in it with 10,000 miles on it...

·
yellow bar for me
viper blue 92 eg
3,572 Posts
d15b7? i dont think there is a d16b7. thats a nice car. i dont think there is much you can do to a d15b7. you can do an a6 cam, ex, si tranny, and z6 intake mani. then the basic I/H/E. crower makes rods for them, but they are like 700 bucks. then you have to have a custom set of pistons made. i currently have a d15b7 in my car, but i am swapping in either a d16a6 or z6

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thinkim gonna swap too...... and my bad i meant to put d15b7 not d16 b7.........thanks fr the help

·
Registered
348 Posts
You could always boost the B7. Seems like it would last a while considering how low the miles are on that car. I've seen a 100,000 mile B7 motors last 30,000 miles on 8psi and its still going.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
nice hatch:TU:...boost that shit and build a z6 on the side.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
From what my buddy experienced with his b7 on boost was good, the thing held 10psi all day tuned on crome with a pretty big snail :TU:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
my b7 has 112,xxx miles on it. Been boosted on 7psi for about 8000 miles. no problems what so ever!
He never even blew a headgasket and the whole time he had stock head studs :confused: But he ended up shooting a rod threw his block and 1 threw the oil pan and breaking a piston when he decided to crank up the boost to 19psi, it held it for about 3 days and then kaboom!!!!!!!!!

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
He never even blew a headgasket and the whole time he had stock head studs :confused: But he ended up shooting a rod threw his block and 1 threw the oil pan and breaking a piston when he decided to crank up the boost to 19psi, it held it for about 3 days and then kaboom!!!!!!!!!
damn! 19psi on a b7...that's crazy!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Prolly went like a bat straight out of hell though, for the short time being. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts