Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I took our hooptie down to XAT racing for a tamparacing dyno day that they were having. I knew that the car wasn't putting down anything near the power it should be, but dayum this this is all hosed up.

AND, I nearly had a heart attack when the car melted a strap at 6200 rpm and it came halfway off the dyno and ended up scorching a horrific flat spot in my driver's side tire. Luckily the guys at XAT had a used 205/50/15 tire that sort of fit (I have 195/55/15's on the other wheels) so that I was able to get back home.

setup:
d16y7, eagle rods, vitara pistons, stock head, 2-1/2" downpipe with open cutout, 21-25psi on a *********** t3/t4 57trim .63ar turbo....yeah, the graph is not supposed to look like this.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
look at your air fuel ratios, they dip well below the 10's. just looking at that, im sure your ignition timing is just as fucked as your afrs.

get it tuned!

edit: since you said your dumptube burned the strap, make sure it runs under the car so no exhaust gas gets into the engine bay. any exhaust gas gets back into the engine bay for the turbo's intake to suck up will give you a large power loss depending on how bad it is.

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the only problem with that pesky tuning thing is tha all tuners want to get paid for their services. Haha. Damn money.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Yeah, the only problem with that pesky tuning thing is tha all tuners want to get paid for their services. Haha. Damn money.
learn to do it yourself on the streetz! lol i did a fine job of learing to tune my car with my wideband, something to listen for detonation and noob plug reading skills.

you better do something quick, your gonna wash the rings with all that fuel your dumping into there.

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I already have been using the plugs as a reference to try and figure out what's going on. This all started with me trying to figure out why cylinder 2&3 plugs were almost totally fouled with soot, and #4 was fine, and #1 was lean. Anyway, it's fuxored and I need to save money to spend some time with someone who knows what they are doing.

For Dewey, It's a GM 3bar MAP sensor.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
4mpg?? not cool

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
make sure your injectors are balanced. also check fuel trims for each cylinder, they may need to be adjusted
I have been tempted to play with the trims, but I've been a little leery. I'll screw around with them eventually. I did all the usual suspects, swapping plugs, swapping injectors, the results were always the same. Which narrows it down to the fuel/spark/tune.

The car uses 72lb/hr injectors (756cc).

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nah, just old school reading plugs here. If I had the money for a wideband and all the other doodads that go along with one, I'd pay a tuner to fix the car.

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
if i was better id do it for free but i am not, nor am i gonna be up that way n e time soon

i bet one of the dude goin to the otown meet cud help u out a lil bit

i wud try and get a wideband even if someone else tunes it, good number to know

·
Banned
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I know, it all just comes back to money. Right now, I only had the $30 to spend for the dyno pull. I'll start saving again for parts as soon as I have some extra funds.

Reactions: superdewey58

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
yea man i feel u see if u can get some one to make u a basemap to run, at least that will be a lil healthier for the motor....but i have to stay off it lol

edit i wud but i dont have a chip burner

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
you have to pay to play

without a tune you might as well have a stock motor and you couldve saved the money on all the stuff thats on your car now.

·
Registered
247 Posts
that car need a tune badly

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I just got a brand new LC1, i have ostrich, hulog AND crome pro. Where you located it? Does XAT always dyno for that cheap?! if so i am coming down this week

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.