Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i will be hot tanking my bare head along with the rocker arm /lost motion assembly a few things before that, on the cylinder head below where the dizzy goes from left to right is i believe the heater hose connector, some kind of sensor plug that looks like a polished nipple and a plug connector which i believe is the thermo sensor or switch? besides that thermo switch do i need to remove that sensor that has that polished nipple looking thing can someone tell me what its called i looked for it in the manual and couldnt find it ill try to get a visual

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Water sensor or water temp possibly... It's brass or something easily bent/broken and I need a need one after I took mine out. If it can be left on, do it!

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
I forgot what it's technical term is, but it's the sensor for the temperature gauge on the gauge cluster. it's in the haynes manual, with a procedure how to test it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
No.
It will not hurt it unless you put it in the wrong hot tank. I put a b16 head in the wrong tank at work one time. Almost lost my job. I was new and didnt know witch was steal and witch was alumminkhtgehdkdh!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok how about the sensor to the far right i am assuming you have to take that off, i just found out about, jet spray wash. which is what ill end up doing since its less expensive along with inspection for craks and warpage.

·
Registered
CRX, Wrangler
397 Posts
I'd take them both out. It's better to be safe then sorry... and it will only take you a few seconds to remove them both.

There's no o-rings or crushwashers behind them. It's as easy as removing them, and putting them back in.

-Des!

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Yes, remove that one to the far right...but be very careful with that "brass"-like one in the middle. You'll twist in and it might just apart on yah.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well ill take the one on the far right off and cover the temp gauge sensor up as best as i can. ill probably end up jet washing rather than hot tank

1 - 11 of 11 Posts