Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 Civic DX with a D16Y7. My mods are:

D16Y8 Manifold, Throttle Body, Rail and injectors
Short Ram, Header and Exhaust. No P/S, or A/C.
How my FLYWHEEL Hp do you think I'm putting out? It feels peppy.
Also how much do you think my Coupe weighs?
Thanks

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
im not sure but im sure its not above 115. look into getting the car tuned. the tb rail and injectors arent gonna help you , and you are using the 240 cc injectors on a ecu set for 190's?

·
Registered
261 Posts
y7 uses 240cc injectors, y8 uses 240, many hondas used 240cc injectors stock. how do i know? i took them off a y7 when boosting a y7 and swapped for 450's. and have them on my oil deprived y8

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really? Your saying I gained only 9-14 FLYWHEEL Horsepower with an Intake, Header, Exhaust , Intake manifold and Throttle Body? Also I figured taking the A/C and Power Steering out would give some Horsepower too.

I have heard that the Y7 as 190cc injectors, either way there was a big improvement when I put the manifold and stuff on, especially in the upper ranges.

I was thinking at least 130-135 flywheel.

Dan

·
Registered
94 EX coupe
129 Posts
What did that have from the factory, 108, 110 something like that right? Well I would estimate that you are plus or minus 10 hp from there. Keep in mind these numbers are completely pulled out of my arse! Get to a dyno if knowing how much these mods got you.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
No i think he ment wheel horspower, i would say 130hp at the flywheel. You should get the delta 272 or the bisi cam and tune it on crome/uberdata.

·
Registered
164 Posts
What header? What size/brand exhaust? Do you have a cat? What TB? Is your Y8 intake manifold port matched?

Y7's and Y8's both came with 240cc injectors. However, the Y8 rail and injectors will not give you power. Neither will whatever TB you have that is on the Y8 manifold unless the intake manifold is port matched. And as was discussed in another thread, even that will give you no gains if you arent cammed and exhaust ports opened up.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
What header? What size/brand exhaust? Do you have a cat? What TB? Is your Y8 intake manifold port matched?

Y7's and Y8's both came with 240cc injectors. However, the Y8 rail and injectors will not give you power. Neither will whatever TB you have that is on the Y8 manifold unless the intake manifold is port matched. And as was discussed in another thread, even that will give you no gains if you arent cammed and exhaust ports opened up.
SOrry bro but thats wrong. Y7 comes with 190cc injectors. Umm and once again you are wrong again. A longtime member here made 106whp on a y7 just by switching the im to a y8. And adding an intake. Exhaust wont really make a difference unless its crush bent, the header makes hella difference.
Dude dont give false info, ur lucky i dont neg rep you. But whateva bro. It just messes everthing up. Peace

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't have a Cat, I have a 2 1/2 exhaust and a DC Style Header.
I actually have a T3/T4 Intercooled Sytem for it, I'm just doing a little more research on the Crome before I install. Reason for this post is that I just did the IM and felt a good difference, I felt a big difference with header too.

Y7 injectors are 190cc, mine were rusty and crusty and the Y8 manifold came comple, that's wy I did it. The 240's are coming out in favor of 550's soon anyway.

Pic from the day I got it

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So you are making much more than 110 whp with a D16Z6 with I/H/E

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
my stock with k&n drop in made 105. and was running at 12:1 af which is SHIT for an na car.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I think if you slap on a vtec head on, you'll gain more. you might wanna look into a mini-me. About your est. hp, with your mod, maybe 5-10hp over stock. Could be more or less. I dont know how much hp y7 came from the factory. Only a dyno will know.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I made 106whp with only a ported Z6 intake and an AEM V1 CAI, on a stock Y7. I have the dyno plots to prove it. I think 110 with header and exhaust would be about right.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts

untuned, look at the air fuels, just look at my 1/4 time in my sig, safe to say i am making 120+whp tuned now. with the 118whp its around 139-140 crank hp, but according to some calcs and my trap speed its around 144-146

Torque curve is the sex

·
Registered
164 Posts
Y7 comes with 190cc injectors.
I didnt realize that. Thanks for the info!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I dont see how putting 240cc injectors in a car that has an ECU that runs 190cc injectors is going to give you power. If anything it's going to make you run richer, quite a bit richer. I could see it if you have the power to compensate for the 50cc difference, but I dont think that is the case here. I could be wrong, but it just doesnt make sense in my head. Wouldnt you want to stick with the 190cc injector since that's what the stock ECU .bin is for?

·
D-series Janitor
Front Engine Dragste
1,220 Posts
safe to say i am making 120+whp tuned now. with the 118whp its around 139-140 crank hp, but according to some calcs and my trap speed its around 144-146
What in the world is up with your lines?!?

It looks like a converter locked-up. Your motor makes 100whp then jumps 18whp for no reason then comes back down? When it made 100, it was already on its way back down . . . :noway:

Are you sure you didn't spray it?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts