Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No doubt about that, that's what I get for buying used parts, competition clutch time!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No doubt about that, that's what I get for buying used parts, competition clutch time!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I opened took off the transmission tonight and I found that all of the pressure plate bolts were loose... now I know what your thinking, this dumb ass didn't torque them down... but I did.

Could I have over torqued them?? Also... should I just look into a new flywheel if the bolts were stripped ?? I still have my stock one lying around, I could just resurface and get new bolts... same PP and disc has fresh paddin... thoughts ?

If not I'm just going to dish out another 300 for some new PP and disk which I rather not. When I have a fine 6 puck here

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What is more likely to strip , the bolt it self or the fly wheel? I've honestly never encountered this problem in my life.

Bolts look fine, no shavings, i read trying loctite red works

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
no loctite needed, only tq'd to 19 ft/lbs. The PP holds the bolts in tension.

flywheel bolts, those need loctite if using an alum. flywheel.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I use loctite on any and all flywheel/flexplate bolts to crank.

one or two drops, nothing more. make sure the loctite specifies hand tool removable to save headache. dont loctite anything into threads of aluminum, that requires a special loctite that doesnt harden up. the T5 horrors..Paul!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I got the clutch situation regulated, used blue thread locker and torqued to spec, no more noise, damn you were right on the money, the PP was hitting the trans case Cus the bolts were loose

Thanks fellas

1 - 14 of 14 Posts