Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's up fellas. I'm kinda new to the D-series world and was hoping to get some advice/suggestions on what to do in my current situation. I recently purchased some 29mm comp. height P29 YCP pistons for a potential N/A build but I'm missing boost terribly and was hoping i could still use these pistons along with Eagle H-Beams, block guard and make a decent High CR Boosted build. I know the CR with the P29's is a bit too high but didn't know if i could bring it down with a thicker HG and be ok. Goal is mid to high 200's as far as HP goes. Motor is a D16Z6, stock bore, mild PnP on the head. I've searched and haven't found much on the p29's with boost and i assume its for a good reason but my budget doesnt exactly allow for the re-purchasing of new pistons. I mean, if i have to i will but id rather not...Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
sell them and buy something else, especially if your going to run eagles

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
I'd loose the block guard. They are usually = trouble
2x
And stock blow is good for around the 200hp ur talking about. So I would just sell the high comp pistons n get some normal or do the high comp n run lower boost. The key would be n the tune. N the comp would be around 10.8-11:1 right?

·
Registered
138 Posts
sell them and buy something else, especially if your going to run eagles
Agreed.. yea you can use those and i would just turn the boost down and dont be a dumb ass and race every thing that comes by and you should be fine GOOD TUNE is the most important part.... block guards are cool but ive never seen one last longer then a year

·
Boost Gets You Laid
4,402 Posts
I'm not sure you can even run stock p29s on Eagle rods since p29s are press fit pistons. Sell them off and get some Vitaras if you're doing a cheap budget build.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input :) I've sold the pistons and bought the Vitara piston + Custom Length I-Beam rod combo, that with .050 total milling on the head and block with stock thickness HG should be putting me around ~9.2:1. Having the engine balanced to 9k and the tune on crome pro for now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts